Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaky sunroof

Options
  • 13-02-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I've got a renault Clio with a leaky sunroof, so I need to find someone in or near Dundalk who can fix it without the need for me to rob a bank or sell a kidney to fund it....:D All advice greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

I've got a renault Clio with a leaky sunroof, so I need to find someone in or near Dundalk who can fix it without the need for me to rob a bank or sell a kidney to fund it....:D All advice greatly appreciated.:)

If its around the seal,u could try tech7 .comes in black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

vermin99 wrote: »
    If its around the seal,u could try tech7 .comes in black and white

Thanks for that, it looks like someone tried to seal it before and to be honest I don't have the time or more important a garage and its impossible to do anything like this outdoors in this weather.
    I'm really looking for a place that can sort this for me at a reasonable price, never had the problem before so I have no idea where to go...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

By any chance is it a navy blue 99 reg clio?:P I sold my much adored first car due to the leaky sunroof. It was right pain when the smell of damp started inside from the roofcloth. And yup a renault dealership tried the tec7 and it worked for a while but it hardens too much and eventuallly the bodywork came away from rubber seal again. I subsequently used silicon mastic and really pumped it in around the seal and it did a better job as there was a bit of 'give' with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Nesta99 wrote: »
    By any chance is it a navy blue 99 reg clio?:P I sold my much adored first car due to the leaky sunroof. It was right pain when the smell of damp started inside from the roofcloth. And yup a renault dealership tried the tec7 and it worked for a while but it hardens too much and eventuallly the bodywork came away from rubber seal again. I subsequently used silicon mastic and really pumped it in around the seal and it did a better job as there was a bit of 'give' with it.

Not your old car Nesta, its an 02 reg, its very frustrating because otherwise its a great little car so I really want to get it sorted..:)

Advertisement