Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA debit no description

Options
  • 13-02-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Why are direct debits from within BOI group coming up on the statement with just SEPA direct Debit, and no indication of the source, and no link to get the details?

I know the source, only because I am expecting it. That's no help in 15 months time when the auditors want to know what the payment refers to.

Another shambles, and only BOI to blame, as it's an internal payment to BOI. 

NOT IMPRESSED, clearly yet again, someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Bercon,

Thanks for your post.

The description on a SEPA direct debit will appear this way on the day the payment is debited. The description will update the following working day with more information. If you are registered for 365 Online, extended information will be available by clicking the blue arrow beside the transaction. This will be available the following working day, after it has been updated on the system. We have more information on the SEPA Direct Debit Scheme here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bercon

Tara,

Thanks for the update. I find it incredible that the people in charge of IT at bank of Ireland deem this downgrade to be acceptable, it now means that if an item arrives in the bank today, it can't be processed by the recipient until the next working day because the information is incomplete. That's yet another downgrade to add to the long list of outstanding issues with the On Line Banking system, and I'm not talking about 365 here, the same issue applies to the business banking system.

So, to sum up,

We no longer get details of DD's on the day that they are applied to the account.
    We no longer get a transaction identifier on credits lodged in the branches, which massively increases the work on initial processing and on subsequent audit reconciliation.
    We no longer have the ability to copy a transaction in the way that used to be possible, so massively increasing the workload where a repetitive payment is to be made.

All of these mean extra cost and time involved in the day to day operation, because BOI no longer has the ability to adequately programme their computer systems.

While I'm not blaming you for this, I have only utter contempt for the people that have made these asinine decisions, which have yet again downgraded an already poor, slow and inadequate on line service.

I would be obliged if you would forward these comments to the responsible department. I will be very surprised if they even acknowledge them, let alone respond, it's clear that the prime motivation in IT at the moment is to do the minimum possible and at the lowest cost, regardless of the implications for the customer. 

All I can do at the moment is make strong recommendations to the directors of the company, but I suspect that a change to an alternative supplier will not be possible at the moment, so my options are severely limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Bercon, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you very much for the feedback which is always appreceiated. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We will ensure it is passed on to the relevant departments.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Billy[/font]

Advertisement