Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 13-02-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, my 21 month old wakes at about 4 every nite and wont go back to sleep until she gets a bottle of milk. She was sick in Dec and Jan and wasnt eating so she used to wake at night hungry and this habit has kept up.

I have tries giving her water instead but she refuses it and cries until she gets milk. Any tips on how to get her back to sleeping through which she mormally did before the sickness?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Reduce the amount of milk give it in a beaker rather than a bottle and then just give her time to settle and I'm sure she'll give it up. Don't try to rush an be hard to get over things like that after illness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

short wrote: »
    Hi, my 21 month old wakes at about 4 every nite and wont go back to sleep until she gets a bottle of milk. She was sick in Dec and Jan and wasnt eating so she used to wake at night hungry and this habit has kept up.

I have tries giving her water instead but she refuses it and cries until she gets milk. Any tips on how to get her back to sleeping through which she mormally did before the sickness?

Thanks

How long has she being doin this? My two went through the same.
    The odd night my 18 month will still wake and i give her her bottle. And she will settle.
    They all are different.
    But if it works il go with it nothin as difficult as broken sleep tiredness and if you have to work too.

Id do whatever works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Could u put a bigger hole in teeth on bottle and she'll be turned off the soothing sucking sensation which may be what she's looking for from the bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭short

Hi thanks for all the replies this has been goin on since Christmas roughly, we have tried watering down her milk, just giving her water and sitting with her to settle her. These have kind of worked she now can go through 4 out of 5 nites without milk so hopefully if we keep persisting she will eventully give up on the milk. It is taking a lot of time and patience like most things with toddlers !!!

Advertisement