Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother Galvin Medal (?)

Options
  • 13-02-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So I received an email from UCD yesterday telling me I've recieved something called the Brother Galvin Medal for my results in English at Stage 1. The email just said congratulations on getting it. There's not much online about the award, and I was wondering, has anyone gotten it before? Is it an actual medal and will I have to go to an awards ceremony or anything? If anyone could tell me a bit more about this I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Balarrr Didiarr

Well done on your award. I don't know about the medal but saw this on the UCD site. Not a lot of info, you could ring the programme office in the morn and ask if not clarified this eve.

Brother Galvin Medal

This medal may be awarded to the past student of the O'Connell schools who obtains the highest marks in English (20 credits) at Stage 1 of the BA. It commemorates the Golden Jubilee of Rev. Brother J.S. Galvin in the Order of the Irish Christian Brothers. Candidates must signify their intention of competing for the medal to the Registrar of the University before 1 February.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭paddykell

Thanks for that! I've sent them an email, hopefully they'll get back to me and give me some info! :)

Advertisement