Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False advertising?

Options
  • 13-02-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi.

On the Emobile site there's a banner advertising "Emobile Unlimited + data" sim only, €24 for life.
    (http://www.emobile.ie/eircom-customer-sim-only-plans/#)

I am interested in that plan,however whilst looking through the rest of the site I found a plan finder tool.
    (http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/finder/

The same offer appears to be listed in the tool but there is some extra small print stating "By signing up to this plan your current eircom contract will automatically renew for a further 12 months."

This is not stated anywhere in the first advertisment. 
    Could you clarify if this is a requirement of the first offer, and if so why is it not clearly stated? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi.

On the Emobile site there's a banner advertising "Emobile Unlimited + data" sim only, €24 for life.

I am interested in that plan,however whilst looking through the rest of the site I found a plan finder tool.

The same offer appears to be listed in the tool but there is some extra small print stating "By signing up to this plan your current eircom contract will automatically renew for a further 12 months."

This is not stated anywhere in the first advertisment.
    Could you clarify if this is a requirement of the first offer, and if so why is it not clearly stated?

Thanks.
    Hi yomamasflavour,

I can assure you this is definitely not false advertising. If you click on the link at the end of the page for the first link you provided it states that the The Promotion is available only to customers of eMobile150, eMobile300 eMobile500 and eMobile Unlimited+data bill pay price plans ("Bill Pay Price Plan(s)"), who are also existing eircom fixed line customers or individuals who live in a household in which an eircom fixed line is operational and has been renewed for a new term in accordance with eircom’s terms and conditions for telephone service at www.eircom.ie.

See link here

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Hi.

On the Emobile site there's a banner advertising "Emobile Unlimited + data" sim only, €24 for life.

I am interested in that plan,however whilst looking through the rest of the site I found a plan finder tool.

The same offer appears to be listed in the tool but there is some extra small print stating "By signing up to this plan your current eircom contract will automatically renew for a further 12 months."

Could you clarify if this is a requirement of the first offer, and if so why is it not clearly stated?

Thanks.
    Hi yomamasflavour,

I can assure you this is definitely not false advertising. If you click on the link at the end of the page for the first link you provided it states that the The Promotion is available only to customers of eMobile150, eMobile300 eMobile500 and eMobile Unlimited+data bill pay price plans ("Bill Pay Price Plan(s)"), who are also existing eircom fixed line customers or individuals who live in a household in which an eircom fixed line is operational and has been renewed for a new term in accordance with eircom’s terms and conditions for telephone service at www.eircom.ie.

See link here

Grainne
    Same questions as before -

Does signing up for the €24/month Emobile unlimited + data, sim only plan cause your Eircom contract to renew? 

If so, why is it not clearly stated?

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi.

Thanks.
    Hi yomamasflavour,

See link here

Grainne

Does signing up for the €24/month Emobile unlimited + data, sim only plan cause your Eircom contract to renew? 

Hi yomamasflavour,

If you sign up to the €24/month Emobile unlimited + data, sim only plan you have to agree to extend your eircom contract by an additional 12 months. This is advised on the link I provided in the above post.

Grainne

Hi.

Thanks.
    Hi yomamasflavour,

See link here

Grainne

Hi yomamasflavour,

If you sign up to the €24/month Emobile unlimited + data, sim only plan you have to agree to extend your eircom contract by an additional 12 months. This is advised on the link I provided in the above post.

Grainne
    Hi.

1. The terms and conditions that you linked to are vague. They stipulate that the offer is only open to individuals that are either fixed line customers OR individuals resisiding in a household in which a fixed line is operational and has been renewed. 

I am an Eircom fixed line customer (out of contract) nowhere in those terms and conditions does it stipulate that a new 12 month contract is being entered into.

2. Also as asked previously, if it is Emobile's stance that singing up to a 30 day mobile contract, signs you up to a 12 month fixed line contract, why is it not clearly stated? 

A vague paragraph hidden in the terms and conditions seems deliberately sneaky and underhanded.

Hi.

Thanks.
    Hi yomamasflavour,

See link here

Grainne

Hi yomamasflavour,

Grainne
    Hi.

1. The terms and conditions that you linked to are vague. They stipulate that the offer is only open to individuals that are either fixed line customers OR individuals resisiding in a household in which a fixed line is operational and has been renewed. 

I am an Eircom fixed line customer (out of contract) nowhere in those terms and conditions does it state that a new 12 month contract is being entered into.

2. Also as asked previously, if it is Emobile's stance that singing up to a 30 day mobile contract, signs you up to a 12 month fixed line contract, why is it not clearly stated? 

A vague paragraph hidden in the terms and conditions seems deliberately sneaky and underhanded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi.

Thanks.
    Hi yomamasflavour,

See link here

Grainne

Hi yomamasflavour,

Grainne
    Hi.

I am an Eircom fixed line customer (out of contract) nowhere in those terms and conditions does it state that a new 12 month contract is being entered into.

Hi yomamasflavour

I see where you are coming from regarding advertising of this but when progressing further to sign up for this the terms are Clearly found and need acceptance before availing of the said promotion. Which you found yourself.

We are unable to supply reason for emobiles operational and advertising decisions but I will of course offer your feeling on this as feedback to marketing and operations.

Al

Advertisement