Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management fee increase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

tp25 wrote: »
    I'm in terraced house. I think it's right question to ask to Management Company.

Have you asked your Management Company yet? They should have the correct answer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

again, this isn't what I am thinking/talking about. you are talking your belongings insurance which is a very small value insurance, I'm talking about rebuild insurance. This is an insurance which will rebuild your property in case if needs be.

I'm specifically querying REBUILD of the unit in case of necessity and the whole purpose of having 2 separate insurance policies for it (if this is the case).

I would love to have confirmation what the word ''block'' actually means in the policies as it may as well means apartment block as the block of terraced houses.

I'm in terraced house. I think it's right question to ask to Management Company.

I lived in CL Grove for 4 years, we never had buildings insurance because there is a block policy on all the buildings. We had contents insurance for our own stuff. We had occasion to call on the insurance when a leak from the shower damaged our floorboards and an assessor from the block policy insurers came out to inspect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Have you asked your Management Company yet? They should have the correct answer for you.

not yet but as soon as I do it I will post response in here

loyatemu wrote: »
    I lived in CL Grove for 4 years, we never had buildings insurance because there is a block policy on all the buildings. We had contents insurance for our own stuff. We had occasion to call on the insurance when a leak from the shower damaged our floorboards and an assessor from the block policy insurers came out to inspect it.

this is a very useful part of information - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

not yet but as soon as I do it I will post response in here

great

• Advertisement

Re: Block Insurance Policy of Charlesland Park and Grove

further to my telephone conversation with Katie at Kennedy Wright Management company. I have received a confirmation regarding the status of insurance for properties being managed under this Management company.

The Company (Kennedy Wright) pays annual insurance premium to insure the properties in Charlesland Park and Grove. This policy does not cover the contents (you will need your own separate policy for that) but DOES cover the rebuild costs in the event of e.g. collapse or fire.

I was given a very clear and useful information on how to proceed with my current insurance company which in fact would be in deny to pay out claim due to fact that we are all insured under the policy taken by Management company.

simple letter seeking a monetary refund of the policy number XXX. Stating that at the time we were insured under the Management Company. Copy of the current policy can be obtained from the Kennedy Wright. They may as well be able to help to word the proper request for a refund.

Years ago we were given an incorrect information by the bank at the start of the mortgage that we do need the separate insurance for the house (rebuild).

I will be writing to my previous insurers (3 separate companies over the years) for a monetary refund of these policies.

This will help me to clear future payments for management fees.

Thanks Katie!

Rokyard wrote: »
    I dont have any building insurance just contents insurance. the circulars from the management company in Park & Grove, specifically mention that while they have building insurance in place, individual apartment owners still need contents insurance. which is what Ive done.

this is very correct - if people's read these.

Advertisement