Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ASCU gen 3 advice

• 13-02-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I was looking to install a gen 3 ASCU in a g&g scar.

the main reasons were for the increase in trigger response with the pre cocking . the setup would be pretty vanilla with running a g&p120 and stock g&g gears and a turnigy 7.4 lipo and deans.

was reading before that ASCUs dont like high speed motors and prefer hi torque motors, and was also

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, havent really gt my heart set on an ASCU so any alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Merf 3.2 is supposed to be really good, it has rof control, burst fire, even what battery you want to run to maximise performance, im planning on getting one for my next project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

All mosfets of that type prefer hi torque motors.

If you do go ahead and are sticking with the hi speed motor then leave your ARL in place. With hitorque you can remove it on most applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭roadrunner16

Rooky1 wrote: »
    All mosfets of that type prefer hi torque motors.

If you do go ahead and are sticking with the hi speed motor then leave your ARL in place. With hitorque you can remove it on most applications.

yeah was reading that aswell, what im mainly looking for is a snappy trigger response and only a small bump in rof , so I was thinking about leaving the m120 in but from what some people are saying else where is that a hi torque will be just as snappy and I can leave out the arl. ? will replacing the m120 with a high torque such as a guarder hi torque cause a drop in rof ? and are there any other alternatives to a decent / well priced high torque ?

sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

yeah was reading that aswell, what im mainly looking for is a snappy trigger response and only a small bump in rof , so I was thinking about leaving the m120 in but from what some people are saying else where is that a hi torque will be just as snappy and I can leave out the arl. ? will replacing the m120 with a high torque such as a guarder hi torque cause a drop in rof ? and are there any other alternatives to a decent / well priced high torque ?

sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help !!

If you're going for a snappy trigger response, I'd recommend a high torque motor, also they create little to no overspin in semi and full auto, so once you release the trigger, it will fully stop firing, especially with an advanced mosfet...
    No Rooky would know a hell of a lot more about this than me, but I believe a high torque motor may drop the rof slightly, but to be honest it probably won't be too noticeable!
    I'd suggest an SHS High torque motor, took Rooky's advice and bought one :P
    They're great pieces of kit for the price too!

I know a bit but we are all learning all the time:-)

The hi torque motors spin up to full speed virtually instantly whereas hi speed motors actually take time to get there. So a hi torque will be much snappier but usually a couple of bbs a second slower.

You can't go wrong with the SHS hi torque motors. Great performance for little money.
    You can always use a slightly more powerful battery to boost your ROF.

• Advertisement

Rooky1 wrote: »
    I know a bit but we are all learning all the time:-)

The hi torque motors spin up to full speed virtually instantly whereas hi speed motors actually take time to get there. So a hi torque will be much snappier but usually a couple of bbs a second slower.

You can't go wrong with the SHS hi torque motors. Great performance for little money.
    You can always use a slightly more powerful battery to boost your ROF.

thanks very much for the advice

so a revised set up of shs hi torque, stock g&g gears , 7.4 lipo maybe an 11.1 and a gen 3 ascu is what im now thinking. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

I recommend Spectre mosfet from http://www.btcairsoft.com/spectre_v2gb because of much better quality of used materials. Also Lonex A2 is good choice for motor.

Have to agree with Mafo, the Spectre is a far superior unit if you can find one.
    The lonex is a fantastic motor with speed and torque but is a bit dearer.

11.1 is fine with the hi torque and MOSFET.

mafo wrote: »
    I recommend Spectre mosfet from http://www.btcairsoft.com/spectre_v2gb because of much better quality of used materials. Also Lonex A2 is good choice for motor.

someone actually recommenced this to me but couldn't find one in stock anywhere. is the lonex much better than the shs ? ideally trying to keep the cost of the build down. but I'd rather a motor that'l last over a cheaper one that'l fall apart !! :P

The lonex motors are very nice and work really well.
    The SHS one is extremely cost effective and easily available. It will not fall apart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement