Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete vs Timber Garden Fence Panels

• 13-02-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi
    My garden is currently walled in with timber (shiplapped?) fence panels that slide into concrete posts and sit on a single precast concrete panel. With all the recent weather quite a few of the panels have become casualties of the storm - even without the severe weather I have had issues with a couple of them breaking over the past few years. After the lask week 3 of them are in smithereens!!
    I am just wondering what opinions are on replacing them with concrete panels instead and looking for an idea on where to source them (Galway/Mayo area) and the cost involved?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Gambas wrote: »

Thanks Gambas:) I emailed them this morning about availability and price but have no response......yet......patience I guess!
    Another issue for me here is my neighbour has a dog who seems to enjoy the sanitary facilities in my garden anytime a gap opens for him:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Thanks Gambas:) I emailed them this morning about availability and price but have no response......yet......patience I guess!
    Another issue for me here is my neighbour has a dog who seems to enjoy the sanitary facilities in my garden anytime a gap opens for him:eek:

I'd ring them. It's not Apple you're trying to contact :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Another guy had plastic panels for his fences recently. They looked quite good and seemed low-maintenance. Here's the link.

I know I know but forgot to do it at lunchtime and difficult to do at work. Reminder to self for the morning.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dub
    That looks great but cost is probably too high for me at the moment. Not sure how much of a contribution (if any) I will get from neighbour. Last year when one of the panels came down, I was going on hols next day and working nights away from home for 2 weeks after so didn't really have time to sort it for almost a month at which stage the fallen panel still lay in same place just inside his boundary and no effort made whatsoever to try and get it back in or even stood up in the gap. Meanwhile my garden was full of his dogs sh** and flower beds lawn etc. had all been dug up. For past 5 years anytime a panel has come undone I have been the one to carry out repairs - its in my interest to keep the mutt out!

Advertisement