Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel 2003 Auto Filter

Options
  • 13-02-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to filter 'meteor' transactions from bank statement in excel.

I click on row 1, which is the column headings, auto filter, and open the button for 'Disperiction' and choose 'Meteor' from the drop down list, but only 1 transaction is displayed. Should be four.

Transaction name varies

3857 29SEP13 , METEOR MOBILE , WATERFORD CO IE , REFUND
    OP/METEOR MOBILE , INITIAL PAYMENT
    '3857 07JAN14 , METEOR , NAAS ROAD IE

but how can I get the filter to pull out everything with the Meteor name in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Can't remember 2003 but in 2007 when you click the drop down arrow there is an option for text filters and within there you can select "contains" and input metoer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Can't remember 2003 but in 2007 when you click the drop down arrow there is an option for text filters and within there you can select "contains" and input metoer there.

Was looking for 'text' but no where to be found, however after choosing 'custom' and then looking for your word, 'contains' and hey bingo..

pheeeeeew :D cheers for that.

Advertisement