Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines day

• 13-02-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭

Mrs pinch flats birthday is a few weeks before valentines and I always buy her flowers - we joke that they'll keep until 14th feb so no need to buy another bunch.

I always like to support local, so the florist in Blanchardstown had a lovely bunch 2 weeks ago for €27. Went back tonight to look at flowers for tomorrow - same bunch, less than half the size (miserable looking actually) for €38

Call me unromantic, but at that price they can kiss my hoop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Mrs pinch flats birthday is a few weeks before valentines and I always buy her flowers - we joke that they'll keep until 14th feb so no need to buy another bunch.

I always like to support local, so the florist in Blanchardstown had a lovely bunch 2 weeks ago for €27. Went back tonight to look at flowers for tomorrow - same bunch, less than half the size (miserable looking actually) for €38

Call me unromantic, but at that price they can kiss my hoop

Unfortunately the growers hike the price for Valentines Day and the shops really have no choice.

BBC had a programme about it about 2 years ago and grower prices effectively double for the 5 days running up to valentines day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

A simple case of supply and demand I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I remember years ago when foreign national ladies use to sell roses in nightclubs. They were normally €2 but the weekend of valentines they were €5. I recall one year my friend had to buy a rose for his sisters who were all out that night. He's the only boy in a family of 8.

Advertisement