Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headford Road flooding?

Options
  • 13-02-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Driving home this evening on the N84 from Galway I noted the bridge over the Clare River and the bridge after that (before Cloonboo) are swampred with water. There were sections where the water seemed nearly level with the road.

We're to get a fair bit more rain over the coming week. That much water has to have an effect on the ground under the road and the bridge. I doubt much can be done to protect it, but is anyone monitoring it? I used to take the train from Ballbriggan to Dublin so have some annoying familiarity with transport infrastructure failure. Would hope for a bit more warning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,890 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I drove home that way this evening. Had a thought flicker through my brain at one point thinking, "If I veer off the edge for some reason or other, I'll likely drown!". I've never seen it so high before.

Advertisement