Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with an Iqon

• 13-02-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I offered to fix a computer for free and this is what I got landed with! After clean xp home install, windows update did most of the dirty work but left me with a c-media AC97 audio device in device manager with an exclamation mark. Device failed to start. pci ven_1039&dev_7012
    Can someone do this for me before my ESB bill from this donkey goes through the roof!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

SiS 7012 Audio Device / Realtek AC'97 Audio

Try this one:
    http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-3745-sis-7012-audio-driver

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

that's why I got rid of xp never could find drivers did you delete the device and restart windows,you could have the xp disc in the computer

http://download.cnet.com/C-Media-AC97-Audio-Device/3000-2120_4-154785.html

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/AC97/get43208.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

No joy with any of those, I've an awful feeling there's either something wrong with the thing or maybe there's some underlying chipset driver that would have been on the original cd that has to be installed first. I've uninstalled the device and rebooted each time, and the last effort I actually told it not to search, in other words, i forced it to use different drivers under "have disk". The recycling centre is calling! twould be far handier to disable the thing in the bios and get an pci or even cheap usb ad on card.

The problem with AC'97 devices is that the PCI ID is that of the southbridge controller and not the DSP chip. It may not actually be a C-Media chip in there.

Try this one. If it doesn't work, you'll need to verify what AC'97 chip is in there. You can either do a physical check on the motherboard - it's usually at the edge of the motherboard near the PCI slots, or AIDA64 might be able to identify it for you.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    The problem with AC'97 devices is that the PCI ID is that of the southbridge controller and not the DSP chip. It may not actually be a C-Media chip in there.

Try this one. If it doesn't work, you'll need to verify what AC'97 chip is in there. You can either do a physical check on the motherboard - it's usually at the edge of the motherboard near the PCI slots, or AIDA64 might be able to identify it for you.

I actually did a bit of a work around. I had a COA for vista home from an old box and installed that. Probably a little performance heavy for the iqon but on the first reboot I disabled the midi and game controller in bios and let windows update take care of all the drivers (which it did). I sent it back to its ungrateful owner yesterday with the hopes never to see it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,677 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I actually did a bit of a work around. I had a COA for vista home from an old box and installed that. Probably a little performance heavy for the iqon but on the first reboot I disabled the midi and game controller in bios and let windows update take care of all the drivers (which it did). I sent it back to its ungrateful owner yesterday with the hopes never to see it again.

Best not tell the ungrateful owner that his new Windows Vista operating system is not genuine then :p

unkel wrote: »
    Best not tell the ungrateful owner that his new Windows Vista operating system is not genuine then :p

It "should" be fairly genuine if I've installed from a microsoft CD and activated with a genuine COA (sticker) that I placed inside the case of his one.

Advertisement