Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken / Street Fighter 2 PCB

Options
  • 13-02-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭

Looking for a Tekken series board and a Street Fighter 2 jamma board, not fussed about what particular version or if its a bootleg.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive a Street Fighter 2 world warrior original, its working but i had to take 1 chip off it and put it in my SF CE, the chip is a sound chip, it was missing it on the CE board i have so i just swapped it over. it works perfect when this chip is swapped back in, in fact it works without it, just without sound. Im not 100% i want to part with it though, i mean i can swap that sound chip and it works fine for me, selling it on without that though, i dunno what its worth and if its not worth much i would probably rather keep it to be honest. Im sure you could burn that chip for nothing though at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What's the part number of the chip you need to swap ? Is it an eprom ? Might be interested in the board alright.

Honestly i dont know, I plugged in my CE board and it had no sound, noticed it was missing a chip that was on the WW board. so i just swapped it over, it popped out and it worked. I can have a look later and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What's the part number of the chip you need to swap ? Is it an eprom ? Might be interested in the board alright.

Feel free to pull a replacement chip off one of those broken board of mine if it's any use to you.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Feel free to pull a replacement chip off one of those broken board of mine if it's any use to you.

Cheers :) Might do depending the missing chip ,hopefully its common one !!

• Advertisement

Hey sorry for the delay in getting back to you. had a look yesterday at these comparing the WW and the CE ones i have.

Both boards have the actual chip, it just doesnt work on one of them which is why i swapped it over. Top pic is the working one in my cab. bottom is the WW with no sound, and the chip i swapped over going from memory is the circled one in the bottom pic.

20140216_162737.jpg

20140216_121725.jpg

Cool, thats just an eprom so should be easy enough to replace

Mods: Please archive/delete, both PCB's have been sourced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement