Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few general questions

Options
  • 13-02-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Few questions:

Can you still buy Office 2010 legitimately? And for €50? I got quoted by "Green IT" for Office 2010 for 6 PCs - €50 a pop. Can't be right, can it?

Also would any of you like to confirm my worries that refurbished 2.55 Core 2 Duo towers with 2GB ram (pretty old I assume) would not be up to the job of being used all day long in a small office. These PCs need to last and I'm worried those making this decision might be making a bad investment on the hope of saving some money short-term.

Last question: if not the old refurbished yokes - do any of you have a recommendation? Small office. Need 6 machines for Microsoft Office + some other day-to-day software. Specs and/or website recommendations would be A-ok.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Office 2010 System requirements:

Processor 500 MHz
    RAM 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
    Hard Disk Space 3.0 GB (3.5 GB for Professional editions)

So your "2.55 Core 2 Duo towers with 2GB ram" would be well up to the task of running Office 2010.

About buying Office 2010 legitimately? And for €50?. I would not know, others may have answers for

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hey,

Few questions:

Can you still buy Office 2010 legitimately? And for €50? I got quoted by "Green IT" for Office 2010 for 6 PCs - €50 a pop. Can't be right, can it?

Also would any of you like to confirm my worries that refurbished 2.55 Core 2 Duo towers with 2GB ram (pretty old I assume) would not be up to the job of being used all day long in a small office. These PCs need to last and I'm worried those making this decision might be making a bad investment on the hope of saving some money short-term.

Last question: if not the old refurbished yokes - do any of you have a recommendation? Small office. Need 6 machines for Microsoft Office + some other day-to-day software. Specs and/or website recommendations would be A-ok.

Thanks

If Green IT are part of the Microsoft Refurbishment program they may well be able to get Office 2010 licenses for €50 (although it does seem too cheap, I don't know how much discount refurbish licenses get). In saying that though the refurbishment program only allows for the subsidised software to be installed on refurbished machines.
    Considering the Office 2010 professional (I'm assuming its not the home edition) retails at a few hundred 50 a pop sounds too cheap to me. Just my 2cs

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

yoyo wrote: »
    If Green IT are part of the Microsoft Refurbishment program they may well be able to get Office 2010 licenses for €50 (although it does seem too cheap, I don't know how much discount refurbish licenses get). In saying that though the refurbishment program only allows for the subsidised software to be installed on refurbished machines.
    Considering the Office 2010 professional (I'm assuming its not the home edition) retails at a few hundred 50 a pop sounds too cheap to me. Just my 2cs

Nick

They are part of the Microsoft Refurbishment Program. Might that explain it?

Advertisement