Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installation query

Options
  • 13-02-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of getting efibre. I''ve quick query. My currect installation has my router upstairs. I've new data cables pulled to this location, one for sky box in bedroom, other is a spare. Can you tell me is it possible to have efibre installed upstairs and downstairs as well or just to one location ? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BPH wrote: »
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting efibre. I''ve quick query. My currect installation has my router upstairs. I've new data cables pulled to this location, one for sky box in bedroom, other is a spare. Can you tell me is it possible to have efibre installed upstairs and downstairs as well or just to one location ? Thanks.
    Hi BPH

It can only be one location however efibre router can be installed up to 15metres from the main phone socket.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Hi BPH

It can only be one location however efibre router can be installed up to 15metres from the main phone socket.

Thanks

Al
    Hi, I presume that 15 metres will be cables across skirting etc. I don't want that I'm afraid. I've a phone socket upstairs in the room I have my CAT cable in. I presume I can use this room as my location for the router/modem !

Hi BPH

Thanks

Al
    Hi, I presume that 15 metres will be cables across skirting etc. I don't want that I'm afraid. I've a phone socket upstairs in the room I have my CAT cable in. I presume I can use this room as my location for the router/modem !
    Hi BPH

The modem must be connected to the main socket and cables are required if you require the modem at a different location.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Hi BPH

Thanks

Al
    Hi BPH

The modem must be connected to the main socket and cables are required if you require the modem at a different location.

Thanks

Al

Hi,

I'll have to look else where so. I don't want cables running all over the place. That'll look awful. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Hi BPH

Thanks

Al
    Hi BPH

Thanks

Al

Hi,

I'll have to look else where so. I don't want cables running all over the place. That'll look awful. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    No worries BPH

I'm sorry you have to do this, should you wish to cancel your order our cancellations team can be contacted on free phone 1901 (after entering your landline number the choose options 4 then 3 when prompted).

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement