Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearance of pile of branches (grab truck)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

That will not be my problem!

and they will be getting paid for it
    If they dispose of it illegally and it could be traced back to you then it could become a problem. Check they have a waste licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭4th horsemen

When I rented a box van to clear some of it, I took it to the Galway Dump, think it was only €20 for a full Ford Transit Box van load.
    It's only green waste so does not cost to much to get rid of.

I also had a load of general waste, wood, couch, old cables and just basic hoarded rubbish. That load was €60 and not fully loaded either.

mikom wrote: »
    Oh I know that............. just wondered what would be done with such bulk.

If disposed of correctly into an organic waste stream it can be chipped up and turned into a municipal mulch. like these

http://www.envirogrindltd.com/?page_id=48

Oldtree wrote: »
    If they dispose of it illegally and it could be traced back to you then it could become a problem. Check they have a waste licence.

Good point.
    Altho only be branches and they'd be the ones dumping it illegally, not me
    I just asked would they take it, or if they ratted me out Ill say... I wondered where my fire wood went too and do them for theft!! :) prob a bit far fetched tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If disposed of correctly into an organic waste stream it can be chipped up and turned into a municipal mulch. like these

http://www.envirogrindltd.com/?page_id=48

Is that what will be done with it, or will it be used as landfill?

• Advertisement

Good point.
    Altho only be branches and they'd be the ones dumping it illegally, not me
    I just asked would they take it, or if they ratted me out Ill say... I wondered where my fire wood went too and do them for theft!! :) prob a bit far fetched tho!
    Nail on the head there, they would rat you out if caught and it is your responsibility to ensure they have a waste licence before letting them take away your waste. Its the same with emptying a septic tank, you need a receipt from a waste licence holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

You could shred it. Allow it to compost for a few months (for Nitrogen equilibrium), then use it as a mulch to suppress weeds, etc. Or just to make it easier to handle.

mikom wrote: »
    Is that what will be done with it, or will it be used as landfill?
    it depends on the council really, some just landfill but as demonstrated it can be turned into something useful and worth money.

You could shred it. Allow it to compost for a few months (for Nitrogen equilibrium), then use it as a mulch to suppress weeds, etc. Or just to make it easier to handle.
    that's what I do. :D but I happen to have a 6 inch shredder so its a bit easier for me.

There is a bit of heat given off by the decomposition process that could damage your plants, by effectively ringbarking them, so a good idea to compost the chippings for 6-8 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

Oh yeah, leave it in a heap for a few months. Stick your fist into the middle once a month to see if it's heating up, then cooling down.

• Advertisement

that's what I do. :D but I happen to have a 6 inch shredder so its a bit easier for me.

Sure bring the shredder over and sort out my pile :D

I'm not sure how far parts unknown is from Mayo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

For this I'd recommend
    Preparation_H_Suppositories_main.png

Very funny!! :D

Advertisement