Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Mini Retina and Volume

• 14-02-2014 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

For help I gave someone over the past few years I was given a new iPad Mini Retina (32g) and very nice and unexpected it was.

Anyway I have an issue with the volume it just isn’t there. Say you are watching a movie from Netflix if you were any distance from the machine you’d hardly hear what the actors are saying.

The volume on YouTube seems a bit better but again nothing to write home about. There is more volume coming from my Galaxy S4 when on loudspeaker than the iPad. I haven’t put any of my own music on yet as I’ve set up an appointment with an Apple genus’s for early next week. I want to discuss the sound issue with them. That’s why I’m here and I should say that with the exception of an old iPod this is my only piece of Apple equipment.

From what I’ve read online this seems a very common problem with the iPad Mini Retina and one that seems to be worldwide. On the Apple forums there seems to be a great kick up about it and Apple don’t seem to be addressing the issue.

If this a universal problem affecting ALL the iPad Mini Retina’s produced to date, or is it just a very bad batch that got out on Apple and they are in denial? In defence of the iPad you could say what can you expect from a machine that small? To be honest I don't know!

What should I actually be saying to the genesis at the store? What should I realistically expect from them? Have I got a lemon of a machine? I can’t very well ask the person who gave it to me to return it. I’m posting here rather than on the Apple forum because I recon you guys can be more objective that those on product specific forums

So any of you guys out there have the same problem with an iPad Mini Retina and if so what did you do and what was the result.

As always many thanks for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Got the mini last week. Just played a few things there, some music and some podcasts and at full volume I could be int he opposite corner of the room and listen to it just fine.
    I have it is a nice little pop up case so the speakers aren't masked by anything. If I'm in bed, the pillows or duvet will completely muffle out the audio if they slip on top of the speaker end of the ipad.
    If it's a fault then they should look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Interesting.

Iwas thinking about the problem today and it struck me that the best thing to do would be to show up early and get one of the sales team to give me a demo of the mini then when I'd go to speak to the genius I'd have a good idea of what the mini is capable off

Kevin

Advertisement