Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ECooke

Got placed a few places off 800th....

Im actually quite happy with that score but am in limbo like the rest of ye.

Title of the PJ email was 'stage 2 band 1' if that has any meaning?

I think they must be getting a few hundred more perhaps for the written assessment....sure they only have 600 going through...thats a 50% chance of getting a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Damofitz

ECooke wrote: »
    they only have 600 going through...thats a 50% chance of getting a place.

By the time they offer the jobs they will have already cut a few thousand applicants so its not really 50%, from the initial numbers its a 5% chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ECooke

Damofitz wrote: »
    By the time they offer the jobs they will have already cut a few thousand applicants so its not really 50%, from the initial numbers its a 5% chance.

Yes...But from the top 600 hundred going through to stage 3....its 50% as long as they are all ideal candidates no?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I got placed in the 900's . I got 79% on the inductive reasoning and 74% on the verbal . So those in the top 600 must have got at least 85% plus on their tests and they must be extremely intelligent ( no doubt some cheats in there too ) so well done to whoever goes through to the next round . I definitely reckon they will dip into more candidates from the over 600's though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Got the email - going forward to Stage 3! Assessment centres begin from March 18!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

ECooke wrote: »
    I think they must be getting a few hundred more perhaps for the written assessment....sure they only have 600 going through...thats a 50% chance of getting a place.

That's assuming all 600 pass all the next levels of screening.

If all 600 fail their medicals for e.g., then eh...... it turns out they had no chance at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Made it thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

315, im in shock! scored 620's and 770's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

to everyone in the same boat as myself i would say dont be too disappointed,
    look at the stage your at out of 25000 applicants,
    and as the email says we're still not out of the running completely.

stage 3 is now a test to see if test scores stand up,
    and then theres also the physicals, medicals and interviews.
    its possible a lot could get calls.

also who knows how this will go for next years recruitment.

Also congrats to the top 600.

a copy of the PJ email for anyone wondering:

Subject: Garda Trainee - Stage 2 Band 1
    Date Posted: 10/03/2014
    Campaign Name: Garda Trainee

Reference: Stage 2 Band 1

Thank you for your participation in Stage 2 of the Garda Trainee 2013 selection process (Verbal Reasoning and Inductive/Logical Reasoning tests).

You have reached the qualifying standard in both tests and achieved a placing of (in the 700's)

Initially those placed in the top 600 are being invited to Stage 3 (Assessment Centre) in March. Should it be necessary to invite forward additional candidates and your placing is reached, you will be contacted by the Public Appointments Service.

Your results from Stage 2 are as follows:

Verbal Reasoning
    Your Score 491 Qualifying Score 350

Inductive / Logical Reasoning
    Your Score 783 Qualifying Score 350

The maximum score available on each test is 800.

In order to qualify, candidates were required to reach the qualifying score in both tests.

For further information on the scoring and placings, please click here.

Yours sincerely

Antoinette Fearon

Garda Trainee Recruitment Unit
    Public Appointments Service

10th March 2014

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Got through. Dear god, those last few hours were nerve racking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

OH MY GOD

Top 350... hairs on the back of my neck standing up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Placed in the 300s, assessment centre is next week which includes report writing, more aptitude tests, job simulation exercises and an orientation presentation From AGS. So chuffed right now, jumping all over the house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

Well done to all those who got through :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Top 100 Yeow!!! 744 in verbal and 795 in reasoning. Who ever came first must of done really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    to everyone in the same boat as myself i would say dont be too disappointed,
    look at the stage your at out of 25000 applicants,
    and as the email says we're still not out of the running completely.

stage 3 is now a test to see if test scores stand up,
    and then theres also the physicals, medicals and interviews.
    its possible a lot could get calls.

also who knows how this will go for next years recruitment.

Also congrats to the top 600.

a copy of the PJ email for anyone wondering:

Where did you finish!? Our scores are ridiculously similar!

• Advertisement

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Where did you finish!? Our scores are ridiculously similar!

you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dandi2k8

Congrats to all who got through.. Jealous!!
    Does anyone know if they will allow stage 1 band 2 take the test or will the others who passed but outside the 600 be called first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Top 300 also, 664 (83%) in the verbal and 744 (93%) in the logical.

dandi2k8 wrote: »
    Congrats to all who got through.. Jealous!!
    Does anyone know if they will allow stage 1 band 2 take the test or will the others who passed but outside the 600 be called first?

judging by the email,
    the will feed from the others outside the top 600 numerically as needed.
    Initially those placed in the top 600 are being invited to Stage 3 (Assessment Centre) in March. Should it be necessary to invite forward additional candidates and your placing is reached, you will be contacted by the Public Appointments Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

Top 200.....absolutely delighted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

So what happens now? do we all have to go in on tuesday the 18th? or do we get individual days we need to go in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tiles

69th as of 10mins ago I'd imagine if you haven't received text yet it's good news!! I'm going for a pint!!ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »

you?

746, I scored 780 in the inductive and 492 in the verbal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Just realised I came in the top 40. Happy days. Not that it will mean anything after this stage though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just realised I came in the top 40. Happy days. Not that it will mean anything after this stage though!

Happy days, well done :)

There's a new thread where people can discuss Stage 3, the assessments, results etc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057165869

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Everyone from 601 to 3100 needs to relax, of course ye will be called. Not a chance will 300 people be got out of 600 after the next stages. They are only breaking it up into manageable amounts because it's centres from now on, if ye passed at all ye should be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Top 600

unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

thekopend wrote: »
    Everyone from 601 to 3100 needs to relax, of course ye will be called. Not a chance will 300 people be got out of 600 after the next stages. They are only breaking it up into manageable amount because it's centres from now on, if ye passed at all ye should be happy!
    I might be wrong but I get the feeling that the 600 going forward to Stage 3 might be in line for 150 jobs. I think they might split the 300 jobs for this year into 2 batches. It's been said on here by a few posters that they normally interview 3 or 4 people for one job.

I'm not saying that I think 450 of the top 600 will lose out, I think some of them will go on a panel for the second batch and so on. I can't see them interviewing 600 for 300 jobs. Especially, when it's only been aptitude tests to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Got 800 in logical and just under 350 in verbal.

want2b wrote: »
    Got 800 in logical and just under 350 in verbal.
    Sorry to hear that. That's a real kick in the teeth.

Would you chance appealing your score just in case there's any chance a mistake was made, maybe ask to see a paper transcript of your answers, cos otherwise you're out for good.

• Advertisement

Archer3083 wrote: »

Tell me about it. Pissed isn't the word.

Would you chance appealing your score just in case there's any chance a mistake was made, maybe ask to see a paper transcript of your answers, cos otherwise you're out for good.

Can that be done.

Tell me about it. Pissed isn't the word.
    Sorry, I edited my message to say you should try appealing your score, just in case a mistake was made

Can that be done.
    I honestly don't know, but it's worth a shot to ring up PAS, sure if you've failed one test, you really don't have any other choice but to try something like that. Ring them up and find out. It doesn't sound like you were much under 350.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Flew the verbal, passed inductive by the skin of my teeth! In the 1500s - pretty devasted really but trying to be optimistic :) well done to everyone who passed and especially the top 600! That was a brutal culling if no one else is called! I need a beer!

Kaffy wrote: »
    Flew the verbal, passed inductive by the skin of my teeth! In the 1500s - pretty devasted really but trying to be optimistic :) well done to everyone who passed and especially the top 600! That was a brutal culling if no one else is called! I need a beer!
    What band are you in Kaffy, seemingly, there are 3 new bands for those who scored 601-3100. Did it say in your msg on pjs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Placed in the 700's. Its a good score but I'm still pretty disappointed with myself, as silly as that may be.

Where did you place Kersplat! I'm 690.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I might be wrong but I get the feeling that the 600 going forward to Stage 3 might be in line for 150 jobs. I think they might split the 300 jobs for this year into 2 batches. It's been said on here by a few posters that they normally interview 3 or 4 people for one job.

I'm not saying that I think 450 of the top 600 will lose out, I think some of them will go on a panel for the second batch and so on. I can't see them interviewing 600 for 300 jobs. Especially, when it's only been aptitude tests to date.

To be honest I don't even see them getting 150 people from the 600. Loooads of hurdles yet!

• Advertisement

To be honest I don't even see them getting 150 people from the 600. Loooads of hurdles yet!
    I'm incline to agree with you but I know loads of people in the top 600 will think it's sour grapes. It's not sour grapes on my part. I did my best, just not good enough, simple as that. I am pretty pleased that I jumped from 4263 to 690. I didn't expect to improve that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'm devastated, just missed the top 600. Maybe they will call on us but they only need 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

For everyone in the 601 to 3200 bracket; did all of ye're emails refer to ye as 'stage 2 band 1'?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

Yes why.

tod1577 wrote: »
    Yes why.
    But what number were you? He's asking if they split the group of 601-3100 into bands. There's no point in me answering cos I'm 690.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

What band are you in Kaffy, seemingly, there are 3 new bands for those who scored 601-3100. Did it say in your msg on pjs?

No it doesn't mention any bands -
    Just top 600
    Then 601 -3100
    And those who didn't qualify :(

• Advertisement

tod1577 wrote: »
    Yes why.

Just seeing whether or not those who hit higher/lower, but still passed, are in bands like in stage 1...

i was in the small 800's..

Congrats to everyone who passed, well done.

i was in the small 800's..
    You did very well OscarWhiskey, still a great chance down the line with the GR experience behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

Everyone from 601 to 3100 needs to relax, of course ye will be called. Not a chance will 300 people be got out of 600 after the next stages. They are only breaking it up into manageable amount because it's centres from now on, if ye passed at all ye should be happy!

Hey mate just wanna say your post has cheered me right up. I placed 840 and have basically been thinkin I was done and that was it. But your positive post has given me and probably a lot of others outside of the 600 hope. Thank you .

• Advertisement
Advertisement