Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Was dreaming about shapes last night !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Was dreaming about shapes last night !!!

That's funny because I was dreaming of shapes and puzzles too last night and I had to put myself into the next pattern that was being asked for beside the circles and triangles:). Im the one telling people not to panic and yet there I am dreaming about the dam things, haha:).
    I'm concentrating on the Verbal ones for today's practise and hopefully should be ok to take the test sometime tomorrow night/Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Aiel wrote: »
    That's funny because I was dreaming of shapes and puzzles too last night and I had to put myself into the next pattern that was being asked for beside the circles and triangles:). Im the one telling people not to panic and yet there I am dreaming about the dam things, haha:).
    I'm concentrating on the Verbal ones for today's practise and hopefully should be ok to take the test sometime tomorrow night/Wednesday morning.

Spent another hour this morning doing the shapes. Did 3 tests total and 3.1 was my score for all 3, that was even changing around a couple of answers. I'm all shaped out!

Aiel wrote: »

I think maybe you were looking for Keith Duffy in The Cube !
    Sorry.. thats what came to mind there :)
    I think The Cube would be easier than this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

I'll shake anyone's hand that's getting more than 4 in it. It's hard enough and some of them have no obvious rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I did one this morning and i thought it was easier than any I had previously done and I got 2.14 then on my next go it seemed 10 times harder and i got 3.2! madness

Dying to get home to have another go now. Oh God..it's taking over me now at this stage. Flappy Bird is no more...its aptitude practise tests all the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Christ 2.73 in my first go on inductive reasoning :( will definitely be practicing alot more before the actual test on Wednesday/Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

I am In band 2, would just like to ask what the next test consist of, reading post in here a lot of people finding it difficult.

• Advertisement

I am In band 2, would just like to ask what the next test consist of, reading post in here a lot of people finding it difficult.

Verbal and abstract reasoning again, seems alot more difficult though. The handout also suggests that the actual tests will be even harder than the practice ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

tough alright, i'm hitting around the 3.2 mark myself, must practice it more now over the next 2 nights, haven't tried the verbal yet, how are people finding it?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Verbal and abstract reasoning again, seems alot more difficult though. The handout also suggests that the actual tests will be even harder than the practice ones

Thanks for reply, I'm going have a look at few exsamples just incase we get called, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

Think I'm missing something, I've tried inductive reasoning twice but have received no score? Do they email it to you or does it appear when the test is complete?

Once I complete the test the window closes automatically and thats it! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Ketron wrote: »
    Think I'm missing something, I've tried inductive reasoning twice but have received no score? Do they email it to you or does it appear when the test is complete?

Once I complete the test the window closes automatically and thats it! :confused:

When the window closes it should bring you back to your browser with your result. its not a real score it's just a kind of "average" if you will. you want to be in atleast the "proficient" section. try again and have a look

Shifty13 wrote: »
    When the window closes it should bring you back to your browser with your result. its not a real score it's just a kind of "average" if you will. you want to be in atleast the "proficient" section. try again and have a look

Okay thats not happening! Was wondering what was going on, may try with a different browser and see how I get on, thanks :)

EDIT: Changed from Chrome to Internet Explorer and can see my results, problem solved, thanks :)

• Advertisement

Ketron wrote: »
    Okay thats not happening! Was wondering what was going on, may try with a different browser and see how I get on, thanks :)

Is stage 2 timed?

Is stage 2 timed?

Yeah it is, 17mins for Verbal and 25mins for Inductive reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Did my first set of tests there. Got 3.2 in the abstract and 56 in the verbal. For the abstract I noticed that the last half of the test was easiest, probably as I had adjusted to the the frame of mind to be in. So hopefully a few more tests will adjust me more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkg93

Over 4.5 is expert. You have to get them all right to get into that band! Next to impossible unless you're really good ;)
    do you know how the score is broken down? I've looked and can't find it. the highest score I've managed is 3.96, average would be 3.91.

dkg93 wrote: »
    do you know how the score is broken down? I've looked and can't find it. the highest score I've managed is 3.96, average would be 3.91.

some of the questions are harder than other, giving them a higher weighting. so the harder ones that seem impossible weigh more. if you get one wrong you lose more marks than getting an easy one wrong. not 100% on the scoring, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 dkg93

some of the questions are harder than other, giving them a higher weighting. so the harder ones that seem impossible weigh more. if you get one wrong you lose more marks than getting an easy one wrong. not 100% on the scoring, sorry

Thanks any info is helpful :) how are you getting on with the prep?

dkg93 wrote: »
    Thanks any info is helpful :) how are you getting on with the prep?

Getting there, my head is melting with all this stuff, the sooner the better its over!

Getting there, my head is melting with all this stuff, the sooner the better its over!

Ah man tell me about it, Solpadine is my friend at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

billie1b wrote: »
    Ah man tell me about it, Solpadine is my friend at the moment :D

I feel like im doin tests for a rocket science or brain surgery job

they really have set a massively high standard for this recruitment

there was bewilderment in the station at the weekend doin the practice stuff!!! Lots of happy people that this wasnt around in the 90s or 00s!!

WilcoOut wrote: »
    I feel like im doin tests for a rocket science or brain surgery job

they really have set a massively high standard for this recruitment

there was bewilderment in the station at the weekend doin the practice stuff!!! Lots of happy people that this wasnt around in the 90s or 00s!!

I'm gonna be quite honest and say to you, I was driving back from the DSPCA today and thinking in my own head 'this is like a test for rocket science', honest to god I was. I have literally done nothing but think of it, just the inductive one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Got 3.28 in inductive reasoning, some of them were guesse, gonna have to practise more!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post:

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, "GardaRecruit" has had his posts removed from this forum, and is banned permanently for claiming he's someone he isn't. We take impersonation very seriously on this site.

Back on topic please and thanks.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Just after doing the inductive reasoning and got 3.44 only answering 11 questions!! Been getting 3.2, 3.1 when doing full tests WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Be ideal to get the answers for all these practice ones so we know which areas we are weak in etc,

finding them difficult myself and am practicing like a trooper last few days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 miseenplace

Finding it harder and harder to focus on the screen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Just got the Stage2 invitation email there,

Good luck to all :)

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Just got the Stage2 invitation email there,

Good luck to all :)

Me too :)

Good Luck guys and girls

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Good luck in the tests everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Good luck all.

Still doing the practice tests, averaging about 3 now

Still doing the practice tests, averaging about 3 now

Same as myself, gonna keep practising all day, even though my head is wrecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Ugh will practice again tonight but have to do the test either tomorrow or wed. Have my driving test this week too, aaah!

Good luck everyone!

Ugh will practice again tonight but have to do the test either tomorrow or wed. Have my driving test this week too, aaah!

Good luck everyone!

What are you averaging?

Anybody do the test how did they find it?

• Advertisement

Anybody do the test how did they find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

Head.Melted. Averaging 3.5-3.7. My highest has been 4. I just hope to jaysus that the actual tests will have similar rules!!

blake101 wrote: »
    Head.Melted. Averaging 3.5-3.7. My highest has been 4. I just hope to jaysus that the actual tests will have similar rules!!

I'm in band 2 so not sure about the test but do you just repeat the same questions over and over?

blake101 wrote: »

I hope it's easier!!!

did anyone who has finished the exam yet find it harder than the sample test???

did anyone who has finished the exam yet find it harder than the sample test???

How did you find the test?

• Advertisement

haven't done it yet, still trying to get my head around the samples...which makes my head feel like it is going to explode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Can someone post or PM so I can have a look at it. Really interested to find out how hard these tests are !

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

msg11 wrote: »
    Can someone post or PM so I can have a look at it. Really interested to find out how hard these tests are !

Same as the above - PM preferably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

What are you averaging?

Only did them both once and in bad form but neither was great, 68% ish? And the other was 2.5-3 I think? Something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

just did an inductive reasoning test there for the crack, got 3.22. just so ye know anyone can do these tests its completely open to the public. strange as it sounds this type of test is what i was practicing for a long time before we got practice material for stage one, in a way i dont mind them, there are tough ones alright but practice makes perfect. for anyone that wants to know go to www.shldirect.com. there are loads of different types of tests in the practice tests tab. register it only takes a minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement