Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Padge1987

thekopend wrote: »
    Can anyone get through to that number?

Yep!! Did u get through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Padge1987 wrote: »
    Yep!! Did u get through ?

Gave up after 40 mins of ringing how long did it take u?

Gave up after 40 mins of ringing how long did it take u?

I was up early before wrk so I rang just before 8 and was ok but I have been talking to people that were on hold for just over 30 min and then got through don't give u just go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

is there any specific area code to out in front of the number to book your place. Not at the house at present on work computer so I'm going to ring when I get back. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Maria79

Has any one appealed there result?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Nb1234 wrote: »
    is there any specific area code to out in front of the number to book your place. Not at the house at present on work computer so I'm going to ring when I get back. Thanks

No, just call the number as it is in the email.

I just rang there to book it and got through straight away :)

Maria79 wrote: »
    Has any one appealed there result?

There is no facility to appeal stage 2 as far as i know but you can ring and find out.

Has anyone got a confirmation email after booking stage 3 today ?

No there is! I called them on Friday and they are appealing it when they get all the other if any appeals in. You have to Monday. After that you can't.

I'm just wondering if anyone else appealed? Worth a try anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

I'm just wondering if anyone else appealed? Worth a try anyhow.

I have Maria! Not giving up that easily haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 senor2013

I appealed. I got confirmation today of the appeal and they will get back to me in due course. They did say however, that they will not issue me with a transcript of my answers or the scoring key as it compromises the validity of the assessment, so i'm not holding out any hope when they won't even show me what questions I got wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

I appealed. Was shocked how badly I did in verbal reasoning. Hadn't been getting scores like that in any of the practice tests. Was expecting to do better as I finally got a mouse to do tests with. Worth a shot anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

senor2013 wrote: »
    I appealed. I got confirmation today of the appeal and they will get back to me in due course. They did say however, that they will not issue me with a transcript of my answers or the scoring key as it compromises the validity of the assessment, so i'm not holding out any hope when they won't even show me what questions I got wrong.

Did you email? I did but got no confirmation....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 senor2013

AudiKid

Yes I emailed. Its the gardatrainee2013 email you have to email.
    Reference your candidate number also.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Any luck lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 iane87

For that girl thinking of coming back from Oz in the hope of getting through stage 2/3/4, with no guarantee of getting called for the guards. Take a look at the pay for the Guards, its a joke.. €23,000 per year. Don't bother, it is not worth the risk.

I wish everyone the best of luck but I honesty think there are a few people on this jumping the gun! You still have to go through stage 3/4/5 you are only out of stage 2, I see some on here asking about waiting times for interviews etc when you haven't even done stage 3, your going to be very disappointed if you don't slow down and take each stage at a time. Take it from me, just concentrate on each stage as you go. Good luck to you all. But take her handy your not there yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrelandRos

I wish everyone the best of luck but I honesty think there are a few people on this jumping the gun! You still have to go through stage 3/4/5 you are only out of stage 2, I see some on here asking about waiting times for interviews etc when you haven't even done stage 3, your going to be very disappointed if you don't slow down and take each stage at a time. Take it from me, just concentrate on each stage as you go. Good luck to you all. But take her handy your not there yet!

Well said Maria79, it's a pretty blunt exit if it happens, happened to me at stage 2, just, but it did and it's horrible, hopes, dreams, time & money spent preparing, finding it all do-able, great results at practice stage, speaking as someone who just missed out by the smallest margin, it's pretty sickening, as you say one stage at a time is ur best bet

• Advertisement

It's grand for saying that but if ur class like I am it's a matter of saving a thousand euro when you spent three grand on a mad off the ball trip around Vietnam and Thailand that you might not be able to go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭2wsxcde3

It's grand for saying that but if ur class like I am...
    What kind of a class would that be?

2wsxcde3 wrote: »
    What kind of a class would that be?

Answer me this? A "canditate" who got his sister to pass stage 1 and stage 2 for him got placed no.41 after stage 2 and progressed to stage 3, he is now going to sit stage 3, "just for the craic" (quote) how is this fair?

well hopefully the system will take care of that, if he couldnt manage to do stage 1 and 2 himself and was placed 41 he prob hasnt a hope of getting near the same results himself.

well hopefully the system will take care of that, if he couldnt manage to do stage 1 and 2 himself and was placed 41 he prob hasnt a hope of getting near the same results himself.

True, not a hope, such a waste of a position for someone else who didn't make stage 3

Then let's make sure this bollocks doesn't get through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Then let's make sure this bollocks doesn't get through.

Jaysis your proper guard material

O we will know him when we see him cocky ****er wearing a Tsgirt and jeans. The report writing will **** him up anyway. He has done no prep so he will not pass it..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greta P

i did my stage 2 and said that i was 603, would yous konw when will they call for stage 3? it said there will be contacted shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Just got knocked out lads ..sad but i gave it my all . Was v close though but look this chapter is now closed :-( .

I feel ok with it though best of luck to everyone else

NASHSE1 wrote: »
    Just got knocked out lads ..sad but i gave it my all . Was v close though but look this chapter is now closed :-( .

Have you your results from exams today already ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Can I ask anybody is stage 3, 2 tests similar to what we have down then a report writing exercise? Is there roleplays involved? sorry for the asking I'm trying to find more information online so I can at least prepare by the way not through to it yet but sitting around the 700 placing

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Yes that's correct and a job simulation exercise like the example given in the familarisation document we received.

NASHSE1 wrote: »

Appeal it. THey are accepting appeals

Anyone have any experience with appeals or know waiting times for a reply to appeals?

This is for stage 3 only dont worry bout it until then but if i fail i will defiantly appeal it. Im waiting too long for this

Stage 2 appeals, for those who just lost out at stage 2, I wonder if anyone who appealed heard anything yet?

I appealed stage 2 also but got no reply yet! I don't expect any change to the result anyhow tbh. I only missed out by 1 point!!

Jesus 1 point, well you definately deserve to be at stage 3, Espically over someone I know who is there as a canditate who broke all the rules, never took one question, let alone a stage, got someone else to do it, and is yet sitting stage 3. A complaint is in order rather than an appeal I think...

There's no way they will pass stage 3, I know that they are very strict on comparing results. Anyhow I called them re appeal, she said there are a load in and it's taking time to go through them . They will let us know in time.

There's no way they will pass stage 3, I know that they are very strict on comparing results. Anyhow I called them re appeal, she said there are a load in and it's taking time to go through them . They will let us know in time.

Oh not a chance but it's the waste of a position I'm most p***ed at, and if someone is caught out to have cheated their way to stage 3, there should be a full ban to future applications from that canditate, making a bolix out of everyone who actually stuck to the rules and was honest, cheers for the info on the appeals!

• Advertisement

could somebody tell me whch group of which band is going for stage 3 at the moment? :) i got so confused

Its bands 2/3 from stage 1 that did stage 2 test and top 500 from that now doing stage 3.

ok, thank u :)

and do u know by any chance when the following people will get to do stage 3?

By the following people you mean 501-1294 no not sure really but i would say it could be soon enough. For the first Phase there was 3100 that got to stage 3 of the 5000 this time of the 7000 band 2/3 only 1294 passed so things will move alot quicker i'd say

oh ok, i hope this could be soon :) cant wait anymore

I'm down for the test on Monday. I hope i pass but if not its not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Just got an email from public jobs been selected for section 3 already?? Thought it was a joke didn't take it would be so quick and I finished 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wispa4

tara321 wrote: »
    Just got an email from public jobs been selected for section 3 already?? Thought it was a joke didn't take it would be so quick and I finished 800.

Same here just checked my messages.i finished just outside the 500 and have been invited now to stage 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

wispa4 wrote: »
    Same here just checked my messages.i finished just outside the 500 and have been invited now to stage 3

Short notice for the 15th but hey I'm happy :-) have grinds booked already lol

Advertisement