Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

wispa4 wrote: »
    Same here just checked my messages.i finished just outside the 500 and have been invited now to stage 3

It was very quick. Looks like you can only book your place on the specific days mentioned. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greta P

oh finally, can`t wait now to get registred and done with this :)

is here any women that will go or went for stage 3 already? would be interested to know what did yous wear or what are yous planing on wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Greta P wrote: »
    is here any women that will go or went for stage 3 already? would be interested to know what did yous wear or what are yous planing on wearing?

Well Il be there, I suppose black wear, something casual, its only an exam not an interview:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 iane87

What dates are available for stage 3. got the email last night as I placed in the 900's. it says the 15th but then it says it'll be run over a few days. does anyone know these days?

• Advertisement

i think we will know the dates only tomorrow cause we can start registering from tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 iane87

I'm going to the rugby world cup 10th-20th Oct so i'll need a date after that. if they have dates after that well in good, otherwise its bye bye guards.

i think they should because they are only starting on 15th and its about 700 people so they will need a bit of time

so the dates are 15th 16th and all following week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Greta P wrote: »
    so the dates are 15th 16th and all following week :)

Booked mine for 19oct 12.45pm looking forward to it now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Anybody wear a suit to this? I know it's says in the familiarisation booklet, dress comfortably and appropriately but was just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Nb1234 wrote: »
    Anybody wear a suit to this? I know it's says in the familiarisation booklet, dress comfortably and appropriately but was just wondering?
    I really dont think theres much point wearing a suit to be honest. Im just going to wear a shirt and jeans I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Maria79

Got my appeal back! No joy as I expected! Not too disappointed tbh, best of luck to you all. It will be a tough job but I'm sure you all will do great.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

tara321 wrote: »
    Well Il be there, I suppose black wear, something casual, its only an exam not an interview:)

I'm Just back from mine today, was considering wearing a suit, glad I didn't lol, casual is fine for stage 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

I'm really sorry to hear that Maria79. Haven't heard back myself yet. I don't suppose they mentioned a norm group or what level of norm group your scores were measured against?

Did you check your public jobs messages? No mention of that . Just that they sent it back to the test company who checked them in the first place and result came out the same. I kinda knew if that was the way they were going to do it, the result would be the same, as its not done manually! I was 1 point out! Anyhow, I'm not to bothered now, would of loved to got to stage 3, but sure that's life! I can't see any change tbh to anyone results on the recheck when it's done by computer! But you never know! Best of luck anyhow and let us know how U do!

Oh I've just remembered, when I called about the appeal they said our results are put against the first group that did stage 2 back at the very start , year or 2 ago, so they have set the bench mark if you know what I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my public jobs messages.

The outcome remains the same. I'm gutted. My verbal reasoning scores were so unexpected in comparison to all the practice tests I'd done! But I have to say the blow has been softened by the kind and comprehensive e-mail from the Recruitment Unit. Kudos to them. It helped.

Will have to study up on SHL tests! If Band 1 from Stage 1 & 2 set the bar, I'm guessing we'll have to set practice tests to graduate/managerial level for the next recruitment drive! Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

Is there many people here that have done the stage 3 tests.
    I completed mine early this month.And i was wondering when are the results due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Is there many people here that have done the stage 3 tests.
    I completed mine early this month.And i was wondering when are the results due out?

I'd say they will be out this week. they said they would be out mid October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Just a Language question. I failed Irish in the LC. If I pass Stage 3 how long roughly could I have to do an exam to get my eligible? I speak decent German but don't have a piece of paper that says that. I just thought myself.

Any advice or help will be useful. If I was to start doing Irish again it would almost be from scratch. A few months for an exam I think I could do but anything shorter would have me in trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 gazob22

Hey lads I'm sitting stage 2 on the 29th of July is there anyone here doing it that late? I wonder will we have a lot of time between that and the rest of the stages or are we the last to fill Templemore? Does anyone have any good sites to practice the aptitude tests? Im dreading the fitness parts...Thanks in advance. Gary!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

You'll be grand. Get started now and it wont be a problem. I'd advise you to read through older posts and you''ll get loads of tips and advise. Most of your questions will have already been asked and answered. Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 gazob22

Thanks AM11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Doing a stock take of my previous assessment centre performance and I'm just curious as to what the max score in the report writing exercise?

Just want to know to see if it needs improvement for this new campaign.
    :)

Advertisement