Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

I'm in band 2 so not sure about the test but do you just repeat the same questions over and over?

Some questions repeat themselves but new questions still pop up. It's the 'rule' you need to get accustomed to seeing. I just hope the six days of solid practice pays off! If the actual exam is different I'm in serious trouble. I started at 2.5 and I'm up to 3.5 with a high of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

3.5 is my highest score on the shapes test...cant even remember the name of it now...logical.
    I've no idea how they can make theses tests harder for the real thing. Im google eyed here %(
    I'm almost afraid to do the real test incase I absolutely flop.

Probably won't do it tomorrow.. will give myself the extra day to look over the practice tests again. And again. And again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

ann.lewis wrote: »
    3.5 is my highest score on the shapes test...cant even remember the name of it now...logical.
    I've no idea how they can make theses tests harder for the real thing. Im google eyed here %(

Probably won't do it tomorrow.. will give myself the extra day to look over the practice tests again. And again. And again

Know how you feel, 3.2 is my highest so far, i'm seriously not impressed with it, just can't figure the rule on a few of them. When I got the e-mail notification for the exam today I start shaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Only did them both once and in bad form but neither was great, 68% ish? And the other was 2.5-3 I think? Something like that.

Getting the inductive reasoning up to advanced now but still can't budge the other one :/

Funny, I'm crap at inductive reasoning some days and other days I'm just in the zone. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be in the zone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

ann.lewis wrote: »

How are you scoring on the verbal?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

want2b wrote: »
    How are you scoring on the verbal?

Ive only done that twice. I guess I should really be doing them too but my head hurts with all this. Not even looking at the screen and tryna figure them out but just the worry of it and not passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

A friend of mine had a go at the inductive there and told me 'Jaysus, solving murders wouldn't be this hard' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I actually enjoyed the inductive practice test there for a change ! I don't know if my score is good or not though, it doesn't explain the scoring system anywhere? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

Done and dusted ! So glad , and I don't think they are any harder than the practice tests . The only difference is you have less time .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

My brain hurts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 carrig4life

I just had a look at my messages on pj but there was nothing there ? I wasn't planning on doing them til thursday but I wanted to see if there was a link sent but the last message I have is from the 12th ...anyone any ideas?

I just had a look at my messages on pj but there was nothing there ? I wasn't planning on doing them til thursday but I wanted to see if there was a link sent but the last message I have is from the 12th ...anyone any ideas?

Check your email

Check your email

Done...sorted thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Studying away atm finding them both tough.My best for inductive is 2.91 proficient and in the verbal percentile:37.The verbal result gives you a score summary and percentile, what is the difference?

Studying away atm finding them both tough.My best for inductive is 2.91 proficient and in the verbal percentile:37.The verbal result gives you a score summary and percentile, what is the difference?

Good question ! I'm assuming the lower it is the better for the inductive and the higher the % in verbal the better!

I think percentile is do with the info you added before sitting the test, it calculates your performance based on location, gender etc and compares it with others........i think

Good question ! I'm assuming the lower it is the better for the inductive and the higher the % in verbal the better!

I think percentile is do with the info you added before sitting the test, it calculates your performance based on location, gender etc and compares it with others........i think

No, the percentile is based on the entire population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah jaysus I hope not... I've just been clicking on the first in each group the whole time!! I filled it out right the first time but everytime I practice it asks again :/

Rothmans wrote: »
    No, the percentile is based on the entire population.

Agh okay, it was just a wild guess ! I wrongly assumed the sex, race etc may have played a part! Sure they don't have a help or FAQ guide worth talking about! I'm still in limbo as to whether my practice inductive result is good or not! :pac:

• Advertisement

Agh okay, it was just a wild guess ! I wrongly assumed the sex, race etc may have played a part! Sure they don't have a help or FAQ guide worth talking about! I'm still in limbo as to whether my practice inductive result is good or not! :pac:

Re the inductive. It's the higher the better!

Most people seem to be getting in the 'proficient' level, whilst the odd few are hitting 'advanced'.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Re the inductive. It's the higher the better!

Most people seem to be getting in the 'proficient' level, whilst the odd few are hitting 'advanced'.

I see ! Lot of practicing to do then ! :( Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

Might be a help to some of ye if having difficulty with the inductive test. If you have windows 7 use "snippet" or a similar tool to take screen shots of each question and then answer them in your own time so you can figure out the rules for each question rather than guessing.

Hope it helps, definitely helped for me.

Ketron wrote: »
    Might be a help to some of ye if having difficulty with the inductive test. If you have windows 7 use "snippet" or a similar tool to take screen shots of each question and then answer them in your own time so you can figure out the rules for each question rather than guessing.

Hope it helps, definitely helped for me.

Do u mean for the practise test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    Do u mean for the practise test ?

Yup, wouldnt be of much help for the real thing ;)

Im getting proficient in the inductive averaging about 2.75.Im finding the verbal difficult, the english is of high standard and the way things are worded can easily catch you out, any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Anyone else find that the verbal reasoning practice test just keeps recycling the same questions over and over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leann25

Best of luck to all.. advice for anyone who has not done it yet. Dont get nervous. .. I was in a tissy over it and got so nervous I found it hard to concentrate. . I did think it was difficult though so fingers crossed now..

Ketron wrote: »
    Yup, wouldnt be of much help for the real thing ;)

Just getting clarification because I have never heard of it before , plus I found there was plenty of time on the practice tests for figuring it out , or not as the case may be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Did the verbal there for the second time happy out :D
    Score Summary: 100.0 -- Percentile: 99
    Total Number of Questions: 30
    Number Correct: 30
    Number Incorrect: 0
    Number left Blank: 0

I find them far easier than than the 'tab' method in Stage 1 :o . Also the inductive doesn't seem as tricky as others I've done !

3fullback wrote: »
    Did the verbal there for the second time happy out :D
    Score Summary: 100.0 -- Percentile: 99
    Total Number of Questions: 30
    Number Correct: 30
    Number Incorrect: 0
    Number left Blank: 0

I find them far easier than than the 'tab' method in Stage 1 :o . Also the inductive doesn't seem as tricky as others I've done !

What you scoring in the inductive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

What you scoring in the inductive?

between 4.3 and 4.55

3fullback wrote: »
    between 4.3 and 4.55

Maybe you could be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon... Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

I would not believe everything you read about what people are getting,a lot of mind games going on,just concentrate on yourself and do your best and it will be fine. We could all say we are getting the top score to get people nervous but whats the point.

Exactly Tod !

I'd only believe people that apparently did well if they attached a screenshot of their result ! :P

Just got 3.03 in inductive practice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I'm about to do some more practise tests and then take the plunge and dive straight into the actual tests tonight. I agree with a lot that's been said here about wording in the Verbal tests being tricky but then that's the point I suppose. I have the rules or patterns for most of the inductive question's sorted now but im still getting a few wrong so maybe I don't after all :p .
    Also, I wouldn't believe everything you read here about people's scores, just do your best and concentrate on your own score.:). Good luck to everyone:).

Just got 3.03 in inductive practice :)

Good going, well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I'm averaging 3ish with a high of 3.34 and a low of 2.51 in the inductive, it's tough stuff indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

About to take the test now as I'll be wrecked tired from work for the rest of the week. "Cover me boys I'm going in":P, will let ye know what its like when I come out the other side:).

Aiel wrote: »
    About to take the test now as I'll be wrecked tired from work for the rest of the week. "Cover me boys I'm going in":P, will let ye know what its like when I come out the other side:).

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

How is everybody getting on with the practice?

tough stuff no doubt!!!
    Verbal Highest so far has been 50

Inductive highest has been 3.32

still practicing like a mad man here!!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Canyon86 wrote: »
    How is everybody getting on with the practice?

tough stuff no doubt!!!
    Verbal Highest so far has been 50

Inductive highest has been 3.32

still practicing like a mad man here!!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm in and around the same scores as yourself. The practice material is tough enough but happy with the amount of time given to do the tests

Good stuff!

All the best for the tests!

dunner515 wrote: »
    I'm in and around the same scores as yourself. The practice material is tough enough but happy with the amount of time given to do the tests

ah cool dunner!

I think I d actually pay good money or Kill :Dfor a set of the answers with explanations :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Practice tests seem quite difficult.
    Some of the inductive are very hard to spot the rules. No one is expected to get 100% though and very few will get even near that.
    I'd say to get called to next stage you would need to average about 55-60% over both tests.
    Just stay calm and do your best!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

Just finished Both Real tests.

Just glad its over with to be honest, found both very very tough and wouldn't expect to be progressing

Those who havnt don't the test yet I recommend just doing it and getting it out of the way, If its ment to be its ment to be.

Good luck to every1 and hope to hear from you all in mid March

fergie199 wrote: »
    Just finished Both Real tests.

Just glad its over with to be honest, found both very very tough and wouldn't expect to be progressing

Those who havnt don't the test yet I recommend just doing it and getting it out of the way, If its ment to be its ment to be.

Good luck to every1 and hope to hear from you all in mid March

Well done, good luck!

Anyone else have Windows 8?

I'm very worried that I might get the notorious 15 minute warning in the middle of the test.

Does anyone know any ways to prevent that from happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Leml123

Guys just did the inductive reasoning...think I may have butchered it!! I completed all questions and had 5 minutes to spare... anyone else find this was the case?

Advertisement