Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Just finished. I have this weird feeling because I actually found the practise test in the Verbal to be harder then the real test was, strange I know and I doubt anyone else will feel like that. That obviously means that I've probably rammed it big time:). I actually have the feeling that I did ok but its just a matter of waiting and seeing now.
    I did finish the Inductive test with about 5 minutes to spare which has me worried that I rushed it a little but I got off to a slow start but please TAKE YER TIME with it and don't do what I did:).
    There's only so much practise you can do so if your on your 10th practise go then just go ahead and start it I reckon.
    Best of luck to everyone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Leml123 wrote: »
    Guys just did the inductive reasoning...think I may have butchered it!! I completed all questions and had 5 minutes to spare... anyone else find this was the case?

Might it be the case that you got used to the process so much from the practice that you were able to get it done with time to spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leml123

Oh god I hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Leml123 wrote: »
    Oh god I hope so!

If you hadn't gotten them all done you'd be kicking yourself aswell though. You'll always find something to agonise over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Santamaria1

fergie199 wrote: »
    Just finished Both Real tests.

Just glad its over with to be honest, found both very very tough and wouldn't expect to be progressing

Those who havnt don't the test yet I recommend just doing it and getting it out of the way, If its ment to be its ment to be.

Good luck to every1 and hope to hear from you all in mid March

I think you're right, I did both tests without doing any practice ones, going in cold keeps the head clearer I find. In saying that , I could have made a balls of it. Good luck everyone :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Going doing tests after work this evening, can you do one test and then come back to do other test or does both have to be done in the same sitting once you log on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

kev-bt wrote: »
    Going doing tests after work this evening, can you do one test and then come back to do other test or does both have to be done in the same sitting once you log on?

Yes, you can log out and log back in if you want to take a break between tests. I've done it. just make sure you remember to take the other test :D

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Yes, you can log out and log back in if you want to take a break between tests. I've done it. just make sure you remember to take the other test :D

Cheers, at least I can give the brain a rest before going into next test!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Cheers, at least I can give the brain a rest before going into next test!

You doing later Kev ?
    Im doing mine later too.. after a walk outsode for some fresh air.

How you feeling ?
    I'm feeling unwell. Im hating the thought of not passing this and being out of the competition after getting so far the last time :(

ann.lewis wrote: »
    You doing later Kev ?
    Im doing mine later too.. after a walk outsode for some fresh air.

How you feeling ?
    I'm feeling unwell. Im hating the thought of not passing this and being out of the competition after getting so far the last time :(

I nervous as hell, so lucky to be in this position compared to the others in band 2 and 3 so I afraid I will make a balls of it.

Seem to be getting the hand of inductive but it the verbal reasoning I worried about to be honest! Cant wait until it is over anyway! Best of luck!

• Advertisement

I nervous as hell, so lucky to be in this position compared to the others in band 2 and 3 so I afraid I will make a balls of it.

Seem to be getting the hand of inductive but it the verbal reasoning I worried about to be honest! Cant wait until it is over anyway! Best of luck!
    Defo lucky to be in the first batch alright.
    Same.. I was getting a grip of the inductive but the verbal is awful

Best of Luck later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Lads, really appreciate you telling us to take our time with the inductive reasoning. It's been nice to see how helpful we've all been to each other. Kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Just to add that I found the wording in the Verbal test questions easier to understand then in the practise tests. Did anyone else find that was the case for them?
    There was 1 stinker of a question in the Inductive questions that hadn't come up for me in the practise tests, i took a complete stab in the dark at it:).

Did I read there was no negative marking in these tests ?
    So if we don't know a guess is ok ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Did I read there was no negative marking in these tests ?
    So if we don't know a guess is ok ?

Correct, no negative marking, it also suggests if your stuck on a question and losing time to pick which one you think might be the answer and move on to the next, so basically a guess is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Hey all, havent been posting but have been reading all posts everyday. Just finished tests, to be honest the verbal was harder than logical i found. I think i made a complete balls but look whats done is done now and theres not much i can do about it! fingers crossed anyway :) good luck to anyone still to do it ;)

billie1b wrote: »
    Correct, no negative marking, it also suggests if your stuck on a question and losing time to pick which one you think might be the answer and move on to the next, so basically a guess is ok

Great. Thanks billie1b. That should do then for ones that seem next to brain surgeon level aptitude tests :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Have any of the same questions come up in the real test and practice test?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Have just read on a diffrent forum if you fail stage 2 you will be eliminated from the process and you chances will be gone for 3 years and if you pass you be moved onto a panal while waiting on people from band 2 to complete stage 2. Band 1 will always be one step ahead of band 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Have just read on a diffrent forum if you fail stage 2 you will be eliminated from the process and you chances will be gone for 3 years and if you pass you be moved onto a panal while waiting on people from band 2 to complete stage 2. Band 1 will always be one step ahead of band 2.

What forum? Only 3 minutes ago you posted asking was it true in another thread, now you are full sure, how is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What forum? Only 3 minutes ago you posted asking was it true in another thread, now you are full sure, how is that?

Read the statement and check for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I hate shapes, and logic, and words. Bah

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Just finished there now. one thing I have to say is practice really helped. With stage one I hadnt done a tap and I barely scraped through. I started doing the practice test tuesday and it was like greek to me , but bit by bit I got the rules.For anyone that hasnt sat it yet , practice plenty it will help. I feel as if the test went fairly well so all I can do is sit and wait now !!!

Lojak wrote: »
    Just finished there now. one thing I have to say is practice really helped. With stage one I hadnt done a tap and I barely scraped through. I started doing the practice test tuesday and it was like greek to me , but bit by bit I got the rules.For anyone that hasnt sat it yet , practice plenty it will help. I feel as if the test went fairly well so all I can do is sit and wait now !!!

Thanks for your info. How did you find the verbal, was it similar to the practice test?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Thanks for your info. How did you find the verbal, was it similar to the practice test?

I actually found it easier than the practice. You get a passage and there are maybe 3 questions in a row based on that passage then it moves to new passage. I dont know if its easier because I practiced or not, but the english used also seemed simpler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I don't know if it's just me. But i found the tests easier this time then stage 1. It's not down to doing extra practise. The verbal was easier as tit was just a passage. No multiple tabs to choose from. The inductive seemed easier then the practise tests.

Regards study. I did 2 of each Monday and Tuesday. One of each wed. And one of each right before the real ones, to get me in the mind frame.

To me it seems like, stage was the hardest to try and weed out as many people as possible. Stage 2 is trying to weed out anyone who got by on luck ( with 25,000 there will have being some who got by picking random answers ) stage 3 seeing if you emulate the scores in person.

I could be completely off the mark and made a balls of the test, but in my opinion it seemed a little easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Well that was hard!! My head is fried, not sure how it went tbh! fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pk10216

Just finished them there now. Was a bit pressed for time on the logic but all in all it wasn't too bad. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Absolute disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The inductive is tough. They appear to be similar to the admin officer civil service tests at the end of last year which I suppose gives an indication of the level of difficulty involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RonBurgundy73

Just did the tests there now.

Candidate found verbal easier and inductive harder/different than practice tests.......TRUE

Candidate thinks he's a shoe into stage 3......FALSE

Candidate will be a member of AGS in the near future.....CANNOT SAY.

Didn't start well for me, i clicked start test and the page froze on me. Then it said test was not available and I nearly had a heart attack. Rang the help number from the email and it was sorted straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Hey all, havent been posting but have been reading all posts everyday. Just finished tests, to be honest the verbal was harder than logical i found. I think i made a complete balls but look whats done is done now and theres not much i can do about it! fingers crossed anyway :) good luck to anyone still to do it ;)

I agree about the verbal being harder than the inductive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

The worst thing about the verbal is you feel like they're trying to trick you on every question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

going doing stage 2 now in a bit

if i survive it i ll post how i got on :_)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Did mine this morning, think the verbal went quite well wasn't caught for time either. Not so sure about the inductive, was caught for time on the last few and had to make a couple of guesses because of time. So a mixed bag. Only time will tell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 redjez

I've been reading these threads and following for a few weeks now too but first time posting. I did the tests this morning too, had been putting it off slightly because of how difficult I found the inductive reasoning. At stage one I just scored over 5k on this but did reasonably ok in the other two aspects so had a score I was happy with overall.
    Then this morning I just thought I'm not going to get any brighter in the next 24 hours so and just did it. Found it difficult but its similar to the practise tests so I'd tell people just do it and relax and enjoy your weekend. Que sera sera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I just did my practice tests there.... for the inductive I got proficient.... you reckon that be good enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

cruais wrote: »
    I just did my practice tests there.... for the inductive I got proficient.... you reckon that be good enough?

That means you'll probably pass it but whether or not you'll be high enough for the next band 1, noone really knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Finished my test earlier, in all fairness it wasn't too bad sample questions are a good help but no point doing them too much as they will just start repeating and you will confuse yourself thinking "maybe I answered that one wrong last time" when it was probably right. Do 2 or 3 samples then just do the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Definitely found it easier than the practice. especially the verbal. it's in the hands of the gods now!! some relief that its done!!! woop:D

• Advertisement

Did the verbal but I'm getting an error on the inductive :/ just emailed them now but it'll be morning by the time they respond! I'll keep trying

Did the verbal but I'm getting an error on the inductive :/ just emailed them now but it'll be morning by the time they respond! I'll keep trying

Same here, was on phone to them but they dont know much, took my number and said they will give me a call. Disaster, wanted to get it over with this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Wonder is the inductive part of the website down? Just home from work and no time to do this in the morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RinDin

Hi,

I just did the stage 2 test there. Does anybody know what the latter stages consist of after this one? Not that I'm overly confident of getting through.

RinDin wrote: »
    Hi,

I just did the stage 2 test there. Does anybody know what the latter stages consist of after this one? Not that I'm overly confident of getting through.

same testing again mate, but in a supervised environment prob dublin!

good luck with them!!

Anyone else having trouble getting onto the test, specifically the inductive/logical?

Hi all,

Just did the tests,

answered everything without any wild guessing,

Its out of my hands now, gave it my all,

again good luck to anybody else doing them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RinDin

Thanks Canyon86, might end up on the beat with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Anyone else having trouble getting onto the test, specifically the inductive/logical?

Yeah I keep getting error 5214 for the inductive test. I was able to do the practice no problem but the actual test won't load. I've work in the morning, going to have to call in sick if I can't get it done tonight :mad:

Yeah I keep getting error 5214 for the inductive test. I was able to do the practice no problem but the actual test won't load. I've work in the morning, going to have to call in sick if I can't get it done tonight :mad:

Yep, exact same. Luckily I'm off in the morning but obviously I'd like to get it done tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement