Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notarising documents abroad

Options
  • 14-02-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I'm working in Vietnam and am required to have my degree and police check notarised. I have my degree and police check out here, do I need to send them back home to get them notarised or can this be handled by an embassy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Kold wrote: »
    I'm working in Vietnam and am required to have my degree and police check notarised. I have my degree and police check out here, do I need to send them back home to get them notarised or can this be handled by an embassy?

Having documents authenticated (that were executed in Ireland) by the DFA require you to present them to the DFA in Dublin/Cork or post them back.

http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/index.aspx?id=33741

40 euros / authentication.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The embassy in Hanoi said that they'd be able to authenticate the documents but that isn't exactly the same as getting them notarised. Not sure how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Kold wrote: »
    The embassy in Hanoi said that they'd be able to authenticate the documents but that isn't exactly the same as getting them notarised. Not sure how to proceed.

Not what they told me here in Holland, they said they could authenticate Dutch Documents not Irish ones.

If your doing that I'd say their sending them back to Ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

I had a similar request a few years ago and it turned out I had to go back to the DFA in Dublin.

Advertisement