Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus Vagas

• 14-02-2014 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi everyone

Just wondering does anyone have any info on circus vagus in castletroy? I can't find any times/booking info anywhere?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

Well I am looking for info about times and tickets lol thanks tho

www.irishcircuses.org/circus-vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dublindoctor

That site is about animals.

Does anyone have any booking info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

12th - 16th February.

Weekdays shows at 5pm & 7.30pm.
    Saturday 2pm, 5pm & 7.30pm.
    Sunday 1pm & 3.30pm.

Quick Google brought up the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dublindoctor

ergonomics wrote: »
    12th - 16th February.

Weekdays shows at 5pm & 7.30pm.
    Saturday 2pm, 5pm & 7.30pm.
    Sunday 1pm & 3.30pm.

Quick Google brought up the times.

I tried googling the circus and ticketmaster and limerick events, couldn't find anything!

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I tried googling the circus and ticketmaster and limerick events, couldn't find anything!

Thanks a million!

Probably 'cause you were searching for vagus rather than vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

anyone been or know the prices to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

Probably 'cause you were searching for vagus rather than vegas.

Circus "Vagus". Isn't that the one where the cunning stunts are performed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Unless you can provide the mods with solid and reptutable links that verify animal cruelty and/or show that there were convictions made as a result, then posts will be deleted.

Links to newspaper articles that say "Paper X believes such and such to have happened" or "Paper Y understands that something may have occured" offer nothing other than conjecture.

Papers can get away with it because usually the sales they get from newspapers containing less than honest headlines are more than the lawsuits they end up settling.

Just be aware that, as a poster, any comment you make that is potentially defamatory could result in action being taken against you personally by the party you commented on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

yea circus vegas was definitly one ive seen before. they had a couple of ponies there tonight at the intermission and they done the whole ponyt ride thing but other than that no animals

the monster truck was awesome the stunt bike was cool and some of the other things where quiet cool. really enjoyed it. the best circus ive ever been to.

im guessing the mod warning is about what i said earlier. which i stand behind 100% by the way. im not looking to slate anyone i just pointed out an act that i was shocked by and nothing of what i said was made of or "defamatory" as it was an eye witness account and not hearsay. but thats neither here nor there

i can slag off limerick all i want but god forbid i give an accuarte account of something i witnessed and stand behind. guess the next time i witness something ill have to ask a mod to come with me;) anyway i recommend circus vegas as it was top class

note: the mods here made the right call to delete the comment as i named names and shouldnt have. perhaps if i didnt then it wouldnt have worried anyone. but i fully understand why they did it and i have absolutely no problem with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Paulegend wrote: »
    im guessing the mod warning is about what i said earlier. which i stand behind 100% by the way. im not looking to slate anyone i just pointed out an act that i was shocked by and nothing of what i said was made of or "defamatory" as it was an eye witness account and not hearsay. but thats neither here nor there

anyway im sure that part little comment will be removed but that free speach for ya. i can slag off limerick all i want but god forbid i give an accuarte account of something i witnessed and stand behind. guess the next time i witness something ill have to ask a mod to come with me;)

Maybe you should just take the mod's post at face value and leave out the passive aggressive response. Even if what you say is indeed 100% correct it can only count as an allegation here, not fact, and it would not be you that would be named in a defamation lawsuit, it would be boards.ie.

And maybe you should look up what free speech actually means, it does not mean a person is entitled to say whatever they want and not be held accountable.

• Advertisement

Hanalei wrote: »
    Maybe you should just take the mod's post at face value and leave out the passive aggressive response. Even if what you say is indeed 100% correct it can only count as an allegation here, not fact, and it would not be you that would be named in a defamation lawsuit, it would be boards.ie.

And maybe you should look up what free speech actually means, it does not mean a person is entitled to say whatever they want and not be held accountable.

thanks for the advice. ive spoken to a mod who mailed me about it. i fully understand why it was removed and ive talked to them about it so no need for this to be discussed further on a thread that has nothing to do with what a what a mod deems suitable or not.

while my allegation might not have proof as i didnt take pics of the act. i am not reporting the act either as there are people who dedicate their lives to all that and i just dont have that kind of motivation. i dont like the act and dont condone it. in fact i will tell everyone i meet not to attend the circus in question and tell them why.

if i meet a person on the street and they ask me what a certain resturaunt is liek to eat in. then i tell them it was horrible. the food was cold the waiter was rude and the they took an hour with our main course. or what if i said it tasted like dog??

should i be sued for defamatory remarks?? is that a wild allegation?? or is that just free speech??

if i dont like something i see im going to say it. maybe i wont mention names on here in future but i wouldnt hesitate on facebook for example.

the circus wouldnt sue me because there are other witness's to the events that took place. it is no coincidence that the circus in question does not exist under the same name any more. for what its worth ive been to the circus that i dont like and this time there was no animals (unrelated to the circus on thread) and it wads a great night. in fact id go again. as long as there are no animals that they are mistreating. as i said im no freedom fighter or activist. i love animals and hate to hear them being mistreated but i dont have the motivation to campaign like they do.

free speech:
    noun
    1. the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.

but lets not let facts get in the way of debate eh?

for what its worth it would be me held liable if a lawsuit was made. unless i couldnt be tracked down and then boards.ie would probably be held liable. i shouldnt have named names and for that its my bad but as it turns out i recalled the right one. as it is a first person (ie: me) eye witness account. it is not defamatory in any way. all you have to do is google the people in question and you will see articles talking about things not too dissimilar to what i mentioned.

so maybe next time you choose ride that high horse into the world of advice try to have an idea what you are talking about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

From "Passive Aggression" to mindless out of control aggression! You've got problems dude, best of luck with that!!

Seriously, look at that big giant wall of text and ask yourself why you'd get so bent out of shape by something an anonymous person says on the internet! :D:D:D

Hanalei wrote: »
    From "Passive Aggression" to mindless out of control aggression! You've got problems dude, best of luck with that!!

Seriously, look at that big giant wall of text and ask yourself why you'd get so bent out of shape by something an anonymous person says on the internet! :D:D:D

differnce between "mindless out of control aggression!" and the a very MINDFUL want to be put one in ones place :D

you did feel the need to call me out and i responded. if i walked up to a stranger and said "hey bud stop looking so pi##ed off" i would expect him to react. you got things wrong so there you go

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Folks, if you wish to discuss defamation please take it to a more relevant forum. Please do not drag this thread off-topic, the OP asked about the circus in question, not about what is defamation or is not.

By the way, you do not get free speech on here. It is a privately owned website.

Advertisement