Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bill has doubled since my last bill

Options
  • 14-02-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

HI I am wondering what can be the cause for my bill to double in price. Im renting a 2 bedroom apartment for almost 2 years now. My bill has always come in at 200 euro since I moved in. Yesterday I got a bill for 420 euro. This seems an extreme jump considering I am not doing anything differently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi nastros,

Thanks for getting in touch. The first thing to check on your bill, is whether it is based on an estimated or actual reading. If it is based on an estimated reading, then if you provide us with a reading we can send an adjusted bill out with your revised usage. You should also take a look over your last few previous bills and see if they were estimated, or based on an actual read. ESB Networks usually read your meter four times a year, but twice in the year estimations will occur, which can lead to bills that are a little higher or lower than normal.

If you would like us to take a look at your account, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement