Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOL--sepa transfer why is it necessary to create a beneficiary for once off payment?

Options
  • 14-02-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Since BOL was changed a few weeks ago, its now a requirement to setup a beneficiary for a once off payment. 

This is very impractical and doesn't make any sense.

If I have a once off payment to a supplier why should it be necessary to permanently create them as a beneficiary, why not just enter their sepa details?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi buzz11,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with this change to the Business Online website.

All SEPA changes to Business Online have been displayed on the homepage since October 2013. The system has been adapted this way to facilitate SEPA payments however, we are currently in the process of reviewing Business On Line, from a user experience perspective and this will include making the saving and use of Beneficiaries more user friendly 

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and we have passed on your comments to the Business Online Team.

Thanks

Tara 

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

This still hasn't been resolved and its a major inconvenience having to create a beneficiary for every once off payment

Is there a timescale when this will be fixed?

How do large corporate customers handle this?  Do they have hundreds and hundreds of occasional beneficiaries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi buzz11, 

Many thanks for your post. 

We have not been advised of dates for BOL amendments. As soon as we are, we'll publish these on Boards. 

We receive a lot of feedback on Boards about BOL. Feedback is always appreciated and we pass this on to the BOL Development Team. 

We host Focus Groups on an ongoing basis. The idea behind this is to meet with customers and listen to feedback, first hand. If you would like to be included in a focus group, please PM us your details and we will pass them onto the Customer Care team for their records. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post. 

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

buzz11 wrote: »
    This still hasn't been resolved and its a major inconvenience having to create a beneficiary for every once off payment

Is there a timescale when this will be fixed?

How do large corporate customers handle this?  Do they have hundreds and hundreds of occasional beneficiaries?

+1 on this.

Its a real pain and time consuming setting up for one off payments.

We receive a lot of feedback on Boards about BOL. Feedback is always appreciated and we pass this on to the BOL Development Team. 

We host Focus Groups on an ongoing basis. The idea behind this is to meet with customers and listen to feedback, first hand. If you would like to be included in a focus group, please PM us your details and we will pass them onto the Customer Care team for their records. 
    Hi lucky john,

If you would like to get involved in a Focus Group, please PM as per Billy's post above.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi lucky john,

If you would like to get involved in a Focus Group, please PM as per Billy's post above.

Thanks
    Tara

That's an insulting response to your customers when you consider;

a) your online product is seriously flawed and really not fit for purpose

b) you continue to charge customers to use it

c) you then ask customers to waste their time by joining a focus group to tell you whats wrong with your product.

I realise you are doing your job and have no control over this, but hopefully BOI management takes time to read these boards and gets a reality check about how annoyed customers are with the online product.

Hi buzz11,

Just for clarity, my post is in reply is to lucky john. My colleague Billy has replied to your previous post above. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I too am extremely frustrated by the lack of a "sundry" option in the drop-down list of beneficiaries.

Best practice dictates that there be a separation of duties when dealing with online payments.

This means that when a new beneficiary is set up, a different person must authorise the beneficiary. Then the payment is set up, and the second person must authorise again.

It is cumbersome in the extreme and totally unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Valetta,

Many thanks for your post. 

As Billy has mentioned, we will be sure to pass on your feedback to our BOL Development team for review and please be assured that we appreciate all comments and suggestions from our customers. 

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and if you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Here we go again, I have a once off supplier to pay today but need to set them up as a permanent supplier, instead of being able to send an ad-hoc payment.

Besides having to join a focus group, is there any timescale when or if this will be changed ?

• Advertisement

Hi buzz11,

Thanks for your post.

We haven't been advised of a time frame as of yet. We will let you know here on Boards when we get an update. 

If there is anything else we can help you with here, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Is there any update on when this will be fixed ?

Its now been 6 months since this started....

Hi buzz11,

As mentioned above, as soon as we receive any updates on this, we'll post here.

Thanks
    Tara

Its now 9 months since this "nonsense" started of having to create & save a beneficiary to make a once of payment, and BOL is really dragging its feet in fixing this.

0A4D936A5FD64611AC6EDD1601A1E3F8-0000346192-0003694053-00520L-858DF4FD7CD8408EA01FDA7138FCB8B6.jpg

286611DB1DF44EED858B3D71EB6912D8-0000346192-0003694054-00393L-DAE5C5E129A04872BA7F58B4044232E0.jpg

Would just like to bump this thread.

Question was asked first in February 2014 and we have had no update whatsoever.

Terrible (non)service from bank of Ireland.

Valetta wrote: »
    Would just like to bump this thread.

Question was asked first in February 2014 and we have had no update whatsoever.

Terrible (non)service from bank of Ireland.
    Hi Valetta,

Thanks for your post. 

We havn't been given an update on this transfer procedure since our last comment. You will still need to save a beneficiary to make a once off SEPA payment. If this changes in the future, we'll certainly let you know here. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

What I (and many other posters, I'm sure) would like to know is why this was implemented?

Before the whole SEPA changes, there was a "Sundry" option, so it was a proactive move on the part of Bank of Ireland to remove it.

Why was it removed?

Hi Sarah,

What I (and many other posters, I'm sure) would like to know is why this was implemented?

Before the whole SEPA changes, there was a "Sundry" option, so it was a proactive move on the part of Bank of Ireland to remove it.

Why was it removed?
    Hi Valetta,

We're just looking into this for you and will have a reply for you soon. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Why was it removed?
    Hi Valetta,

SEPA beneficiaries are not available as once off beneficiaries. This is because the system must validate the details as being SEPA reachable before a SEPA payment can be made therefore the beneficiary must be stored before making the payment.

If you have any queries on this, we will be happy to arrange a call back from a Business On Line advisor. You can send us a Private Message with your name, business name, and contact details and we will arrange the call back.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement