Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menthols in Ireland

• 14-02-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Can anyone list all the types of menthols available over here?
    I know of Marlboro and Mayfair but what other brands have a menthol variant?
    Just curious to try a few before I settle on one brand as my favourite.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Superkings green. Silk Cut choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Luke!

Anyone know any others. I know there are loads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Consulate Menthols.

I used to smoke Marlboro Menthols but the Consulates are much more menthol-y and they're a nice smoke too.

Consulate Menthols.

I used to smoke Marlboro Menthols but the Consulates are much more menthol-y and they're a nice smoke too.

Never heard of these before? Dyou know if you can get them in Dublin? I'll ask today in the shop I get my cigs.

Luke! wrote: »
    Never heard of these before? Dyou know if you can get them in Dublin? I'll ask today in the shop I get my cigs.

Yeah, I've gotten them in Spar/Centra/Gala etc. €9.60 of pure deliciousness.

Roll on payday when I can stop smoking poxy rollies and get my smokes back!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've gotten them in Spar/Centra/Gala etc. €9.60 of pure deliciousness.

Roll on payday when I can stop smoking poxy rollies and get my smokes back!!
    Same here yeah just got paid don't have to deal with rolling amber leaf in this bastard wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There's John Player Special Green, which'd more on par with Superkings Menthol in terms of a drag and size; they'd be Mayfair prices, though. Vogue also do a menthol, but you'd be in want of 2 to feel as though you've smoked one. Pall Mall do one too, as well as a 'click-on' version. The latter tastes like chewing-gum, and the former is scarcely found.

Spar on Dame/George's St also sell menthol filters, should it be of interest to anyone; it's a bit of a bastard to find anywhere that consistently stocks them. Reynold's on Abbey St used to be a go-to, but have been out more than in for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RRMCCORK

Silk cut choice are the best i think,
    they have a button on the filter if you press the button its a menthol ciggerette
    if you dont its a normal ciggarette

RRMCCORK wrote: »
    Silk cut choice are the best i think,
    they have a button on the filter if you press the button its a menthol ciggerette
    if you dont its a normal ciggarette

I don't find them to be a very satisfying smoke. The Marlboro Gold Advance or whatever the Marlboro clicky things are called are much nicer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

There's Benson ones too, Name escapes me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I gave up 11 days ago but before then i was on roll ups (Amber Leaf)

Was in Wales last month and picked up quite a few boxes of menthol filters, damn they were nice, never seen them over here

Advertisement