Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI 2014 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Everybody else was going at it except Fahey,Is Fahey exempt from criticism.

Hardly. It will be sort of ridiculous if people expect him to play like the second coming of Maradona in every game too though, especially if it's LOI fans who are the ones expecting him to stand head and shoulders above every other player in the league. Not saying you're guilty of that , I was nowhere near the game in question, I'm just a bit lairy of people paying too close attention to the guy, expecting miracles and, by extension, denigrating our own league from within.
    CHealy wrote: »
    Alot of people seem to have alot of problems with Dave Hill.

I hated him when he was player, we exchanged words a few times during games (me from the safety of the sideline). :o Met him on the street in Cork one day, wound up having a small chat, turned out he was sound as can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Good win for Athlone down in Wexford, Mick Cooke for a cup run, who would have thought it? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

5-1 win in the relentless defence of the LSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Raf32 wrote: »
    Good win for Athlone down in Wexford, Mick Cooke for a cup run, who would have thought it? :pac:

Shocking conditions to try and play football. All 5 goals in the game down to almost comical defensive errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

oldyouth wrote: »
    Shocking conditions to try and play football. All 5 goals in the game down to almost comical defensive errors.

Felt sorry for yer keeper. Poor lad had a mare. I thought CJ was pushing the elastic of his shorts to their very limits!!!

Was expecting to see Sean Skelly and Stephen Last. Were they injured or keeping them for the League

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Felt sorry for yer keeper. Poor lad had a mare. I thought CJ was pushing the elastic of his shorts to their very limits!!!

Was expecting to see Sean Skelly and Stephen Last. Were they injured or keeping them for the League

Brandon, our keeper, is 19. He has been the No.2 for a season but is too old to play at U19 level. As a consequence, he has not played any football for a while now. He'll admit he didn't have a good game, but neither did a lot of our other lads. We actually have 5 keepers named in or 31 man squad, so the pressure was on him last night in the absence of our No.1 keeper (and captain) Graham Doyle

We were short in numbers last night as we had 6 of our squad playing the previous night in the Colleges Cup Final. Others had work commitments or were away with the Irish schools team. Judging from pre-season, Skelly and Last will be usual starters, along with 5 of the players on show last night

CJ is CJ, :D, our kit man always has a bit of bailin' twine in the bag in case the elastic goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sligo Trialist Greg Rutherford seems to have impressed a few last night, wasn't there so can't comment. Glad we are trying to recruit someone up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

dfx- wrote: »
    5-1 win in the relentless defence of the LSC

Goin for 3-in-a-row, don't put the mockers on it :)

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Sligo Trialist Greg Rutherford seems to have impressed a few last night, wasn't there so can't comment. Glad we are trying to recruit someone up top.
    He played well. Would be a good addition. Interview with Baraclough suggests we have someone else lined up though.

Can't take much from last nights games. On the new signings; Odhiambo could be brilliant. O Conor will be a solid addition, defends well but is good on the ball. Spillane has the physique of a top centre back but it doesn't look like he is one. Ledwith scored a cracker against Harps but everything else I've seen of him suggests he is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I see Pats are playing in NUI Maynooth tomorrow. Will be sure to pop by and give some abuse ;)

Collingwood Cup is next week in UCD. 100th anniversary too so NUIM getting a friendly in.

Anyone hear the result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

SantryRed wrote: »
    Collingwood Cup is next week in UCD. 100th anniversary too so NUIM getting a friendly in.

Anyone hear the result?

2-1 win for Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kksaints wrote: »
    2-1 win for Pats.

Scored 2 later goals due to mistakes, Ger O Brien didnt play the judas!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sligo Trialist Greg Rutherford......

Greg%20Rutherford%202_0.jpg?itok=2lPdmMhE

What's he going to do? Jump past players?

:P :P :P :P

Looks like Bara is going to announce someone today, pity there doesn't seem to be budget for Greg. However Bara has lined out seems he is very excited about, and must be a done deal for Bara to even talk about it in interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Looks like Bara is going to announce someone today, pity there doesn't seem to be budget for Greg. However Bara has lined out seems he is very excited about, and must be a done deal for Bara to even talk about it in interview.

Your that guy at work that will talk about their friend but will use their first name as if I know who the **** your on about.

Says Sligo in my location and the manager of Sligo Rovers surname begins with Bara.

Have an awesome day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

kksaints wrote: »
    2-1 win for Pats.

Don't suppose there's a team list anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Everybody else was going at it except Fahey,Is Fahey exempt from criticism.
    It was a joke, dude. I was suggesting, in a somewhat sarcastic manner, that, even though Fahey has played for Ireland and played in a League Cup Final for Birmingham, he was likely unprepared for the white-hot atmosphere of Leinster Senior Cup tie.

Sligo town has gone mad with rumours in the past 24 hours. If we sign all the forwards I've heard we are today we'll be broke before the league kicks off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Sligo town has gone mad with rumours in the past 24 hours. If we sign all the forwards I've heard we are today we'll be broke before the league kicks off!

names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

No Setanta Cup thread? Not realy important but Eric White who is a reporter with BBC Radio Foyle said on Twitter tonight:
    @stpatsfc scout watching the Mallards for a third time tonight ahead of @SetantaSports Cup tie on Monday night. Pitch will need work.

Ballinamallards match v ArdsFC almost didn't go ahead tonight because of the state of the pitch.Keep an eye out Pats fans,plenty of rain is forecast over the weekend. Whites Twitter is @ericwhite80.

No Setanta Cup thread? Not realy important but Eric White who is a reporter with BBC Radio Foyle said on Twitter tonight:

Ballinamallards match v ArdsFC almost didn't go ahead tonight because of the state of the pitch.Keep an eye out Pats fans,plenty of rain is forecast over the weekend. Whites Twitter is @ericwhite80.

If they win a cup match our game gets moved to march 17th!!!!

Please Mr God of football let that happen its been 7 years now...let us play on the day dedicated to us.

names?
    Eamon Zayed, Jon Parkin, Sean Maguire to name a few!

We'll know in a few minutes.

Maguire it is. On loan til the end of July. Any Waterford fans on here?

Don't know if Seanie Maguire would actually cost all that much

• Advertisement

oldyouth wrote: »
    Don't know if Seanie Maguire would actually cost all that much
    Obviously not, since we've actually signed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Great signing for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I saw a fair amount of Maguire in his last season with Waterford (maybe 7-8 games anyway). Looked a really, really serious player to me. I'll be interested to see how he's pushed on since going to West Ham. I'd expect him to do well with Sligo, he was far too good for the First Division when he left it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Pity, I was hoping he would get on in England but he wasn't even playing for the development squad so it's hardly a shock they let him go.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Pity, I was hoping he would get on in England but he wasn't even playing for the development squad so it's hardly a shock they let him go.

He was on the bench for an FA cup match this season. He's only on loan and he's quite young.

Wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He's out on loan lads. He hasn't been sold to Rovers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He's out on loan lads. He hasn't been sold to Rovers.

Misunderstood, I thought he was released. Being a Kilkenny man and a West Ham fan, I'm hoping he can pull on the claret and blue some day.

You make it sound like a death sentence.

You make it sound like a death sentence.

It's kinda like getting five numbers in the lotto, it's good but it's not six numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

still only 19, be interesting to see how he progressed at west ham...
    and personally quite happy hes not going back to waterford/any D1 team

we drew 1-1 up in UCD today, improvement after shipping 4 to Derry & Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels drew 1-1 with Bohs out in Scribblestown, by all accounts we were the better side. UCD away on Monday in a friendly on the all-weather, hoping to make it out but I'll see what the weather is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

....UCD away on Monday in a friendly on the all-weather, hoping to make it out but I'll see what the weather is like.

I was told that this is now off :confused:

maybe not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's all happening?

dfx- wrote: »
    What's all happening?

Ignore false alarm apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

town bet limerick 3-1 tonight up in ccs...

I was told that this is now off :confused:

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2768 You're right. Replaced with another friendly against Rovers, hopefully we can have 11 players on the pitch for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2768 You're right. Replaced with another friendly against Rovers, hopefully we can have 11 players on the pitch for this one.

Thursday night? Which always them stupid dates for a match...even if it's only a friendly?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Thursday night? Which always them stupid dates for a match...even if it's only a friendly?

Not stupid at all, f*ck all people will be at it regardless of the day. Plus they were organising it for the Thursday as they're having the Fans' Forum on after the match.

The last round of 1st Division fixtures are going to be moved, Ireland playing in Lansdowne on the 11th October in the Euro Qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Not stupid at all, f*ck all people will be at it regardless of the day. Plus they were organising it for the Thursday as they're having the Fans' Forum on after the match.

Sorry, forgot all about that

Football is back!

Sounds like Maguire will go straight in to the team. Don't want to risk North on Crusaders' awful pitch. Good chance for him to stake his claim straight away, though North has looked sharp in preseason.

Football is back!

Sounds like Maguire will go straight in to the team. Don't want to risk North on Crusaders' awful pitch. Good chance for him to stake his claim straight away, though North has looked sharp in preseason.

Sligo added 3 players to Setanta squad yesterday he wasnt one of them.

Prolly in the original squad list cant check gmail in work :/

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sligo added 3 players to Setanta squad yesterday he wasnt one of them.

Prolly in the original squad list cant check gmail in work :/
    Could be waiting on paperwork today either I'm not sure. Baraclough's interview yesterday suggests he's in the squad.

• Advertisement

Ross Tahey, Michael Casey, Liam Flatley

Added yesterday, Maguire not on thursdays squad list.

Advertisement