Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI 2014 Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

peteeeed wrote: »
    hearing the bray wanderers players are going on strike for this fridays game against athlone , hope this gets sorted quickly

That'd be some way for Athlone to stay up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

That'd be some way for Athlone to stay up!

the players are meeting tonight instead of training to discuss what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There was something on the RTE sports news this morning about St Josephs Boys objecting to Brays licence renewal as they're owed €40K

(Linky around 2:54 in http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20669200%3A48%3A22-10-2014%3A )

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

hearing the bray wanderers players are going on strike for this fridays game against athlone , hope this gets sorted quickly
    the players are meeting tonight instead of training to discuss what to do

I posted a month ago in this thread that a few weeks wages were owed to players, they had a meeting but nothing seemed to come from it, presuming they haven't been paid still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hope Bray do something similar to Racing Santander did earlier this year. they were owed months of wages and empty promises were made time after time.

So in a cup match, the game kicked off, the Racing players just all stood in the centre circle and refused to play.

When CCFC were in trouble a few years back it was embarrassing that the players whinged the whole time about not getting paid, yet did nothing about it. No strike, no nothing. Just went about business as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Why didn't they do this on last Friday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

gimmick wrote: »
    I hope Bray do something similar to Racing Santander did earlier this year. they were owed months of wages and empty promises were made time after time.

So in a cup match, the game kicked off, the Racing players just all stood in the centre circle and refused to play.

When CCFC were in trouble a few years back it was embarrassing that the players whinged the whole time about not getting paid, yet did nothing about it. No strike, no nothing. Just went about business as usual.

The cork players refused to travel to the game with us in 2009? I think the FAI guaranteed their wages?

Hmm, if thats the case I never heard about it anyway. Not sure how true it is as FORAS actually paid wages on a number of occasions (which for the record I was against as it basically bankrolled Tom Coughlan and left him off the hook to some degree. Had the playrs actually striked I would not have had an issue with it).

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    Why didn't they do this on last Friday??

they were promised an agreed amount of money from the gate from last fridays game which they haven't been given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Rumour at the time was that Bohs also put pressure on FAI as well because of the importance of the game in the title race and Cork then beat us when their wages were paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would be very harsh on UCD if Bray were to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

If Bray go on strike and fail to fulfil the fixture, they should be demoted and their results expunged.

If Bray go on strike and fail to fulfil the fixture, they should be demoted and their results expunged.

and i think that's the threat from the players towards the club

I don't think you can expunge someones results with one games left. You could technically relegate or make a team champions without kicking a ball.

• Advertisement

anncoates wrote: »
    The cork players refused to travel to the game with us in 2009? I think the FAI guaranteed their wages?

Was it not the bus company refused to bring them unless they were paid money owed?

think it was that anyway.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Was it not the bus company refused to bring them unless they were paid money owed?

And the general public paid the bus companies arrears after the players made an appeal on local radio.

But that was for a game against Pats I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

And the general public paid the bus companies arrears after the players made an appeal on local radio.

But that was for a game against Pats I think.

Correct gimmick it was the Pats game that happened. A lot of what was written in the local media at the time painted the players in a poor light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Shels fans, will Galway fans be put in the end of the stand again or on the far side under the TV gantry? About 200-250 supporters expected to make the trip.

Shels fans, will Galway fans be put in the end of the stand again or on the far side under the TV gantry? About 200-250 supporters expected to make the trip.

Depends entirely on what the board expects to make the trip. Probably the Riverside though if those numbers are accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I thought the Riverside stand was closed because it was unsafe? I'd say there'll be closer to 100 of us there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I thought the Riverside stand was closed because it was unsafe? I'd say there'll be closer to 100 of us there.
    There is almost 100 on the two buses alone with many more people driving. The very least I could see going is 200.

Also, the Riverside stand was used for their recent Cup game against Pats.

906085.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Hmm, if thats the case I never heard about it anyway. Not sure how true it is as FORAS actually paid wages on a number of occasions (which for the record I was against as it basically bankrolled Tom Coughlan and left him off the hook to some degree. Had the playrs actually striked I would not have had an issue with it).

On no occasion did FORAS pay the players wages. What they did do was setup a hardship fund, allowing players to borrow money if they were genuinely struggling to make end's meet. There was agreement to pay this back in full. The PFAI matched what FORAS agreed to loan. In the end, after TNB was ousted and when we got our club back, the members agreed to write off what the players had taken from the fund (which was not the full amount).

FORAS did pay the costs of printing a programme for a match. Bray Wanderers, I think, on the day that Laffoy J gave CCIFL a late reprieve.

Both happened. The bus fiasco before Pats was in September 2009. The threatened strike before Rovers away was a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

I can't say I've noticed Doyle, Desmond or Shaw at any stage this season. Jake Keegan has 2 more goals than Shaw, but I suppose players are less likely to vote for a foreigner that they don't know.

Surprised Dylan Connolly isn't up for POTY.

Shaw scored something ridiculous like 11 in the last 13 games,basically when sully went of the boil shaw started scoring,without his goals we would not have won the league, grounds for inclusion alone! Sully has to get it after not getting it last year, top scorer two years in a row!

bray players got sorted last night , full team out tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dundalk FC ‏@DundalkFC 34s35 seconds ago
    Dundalk FC Player of the Year is @PaHoban10. Well done Patrick.

Horgan won Young Player of the Year

jaysis for all the fapping by Dundalk fans expected Towell to be crowned King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Shields won the player of the year.

jaysis for all the fapping by Dundalk fans expected Towell to be crowned King.
    What's wrong with fapping over more than one player. Towell had a good season but didn't reach last season's heights. He seemed to miss O'Donnell a bit this year.

I would have given player of the year to either Hoban or Horgan. Shields was fantastic up until mid July but tailed off a bit since. Excellent turn out today for the victory parade despite the pissing rain. Kenny was in flying form rousing the crowd at the square.

Pighead wrote: »

. Excellent turn out today for the victory parade despite the pissing rain..

its what its all about.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Pighead wrote: »
    Shields won the player of the year.

Shields won Player of the year as voted by fans/500 club members (their vote was worth 2)

Hoban won Player of the year voted by the coaching staff

Shields won Player of the year as voted by fans/500 club members (their vote was worth 2)

Hoban won Player of the year voted by the coaching staff
    Yeah, I know. Shields award is the main one though. Probably a bit more merit in the coaches award but for the purposes of the history books Chris Shields is Dundalk's Player of the Year for 2014.

Advertisement