Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paolo Nutini Olympia 20th & 22th March.

Options
  • 14-02-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

Anyone manage to get tickets for this ?

That ticketmaster website is a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

They need to do that capatche craic after you find tickets, slows you down so much and some people have it automated. 30 minutes entering codes and no luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Both gigs sold out, had a ticket but had to leave the app on my phone and when I went back it was gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get tickets for this ?

That ticketmaster website is a joke.

Yeah I got two upper circle ones. I tried again to see was it sold out and it said 'no exact matches'. Does this mean it's sold out or has the site crashed?

Also, when I got mine there was only a section for Thursday tickets. When I went back there was a section for Saturday as well. Was there always two days or were they just added?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eyebrows18

The 22nd date has only refreshed for me now, was on Twitter and heard he was doing the 2nd date but ticketmaster website only showed the 20th. On @ 08:50 and not even a look in! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Was there a presale for this or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Plenty of room to do the Friday too???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Had no electricity at home so couldn't get tickets. Had hoped it wouldn't be an instant sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Plenty of room to do the Friday too???

That would be great but the fiasco that was ticket sales this morning will only surely be repeated. No tickets available at 9am on the dot, just a big farce! I hate Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've seen it mentioned that after 30 seconds of searching it returned none available and that was at 9:00am. Olympia is too small a venue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lennie19ieie

I was logged on at 9 as well and no Joy. Any chance of it being moved. Ray Darcy said he might be interviewing him on his show at some stage before 12 today.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    I've seen it mentioned that after 30 seconds of searching it returned none available and that was at 9:00am. Olympia is too small a venue anyway.

Anyone remember when music shops would be given a certain amount each? And if you were regularly buying tickets the dude behind the counter would put a couple aside for you. You could drop in during the week and get them. It felt like you were being rewarded for supporting live music. I know it's much fairer nowadays. In particular it allows people from all over the country to grab a ticket. But my god it's a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Tickets went on presale on Wednesday morning, got myself 2 standing tickets. My sister in law got an email from Paolo's website with a link for the presale, I was able to use the link too. I'd say a lot of tickets went on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 urbanjim1

Didn't manage to get tickets either via the website.

Rang Ticketmaster who couldn't get me tickets, but did say to keep an eye out as chances are a gig for the 21st will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eyebrows18

I'd say people are sitting at the ready to see if the Friday is announced. I'd say it will be with how fast the other two days went. I have twitter reloading to see when/if it's announced..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Ah Jesus lads, I'm in deep trouble. I was meant to get 2 of these for valentines day present for my wife. I didn't wake up on time. If anyone can help me out please pm me. Even if they announce the Friday gig today I wouldn't be able to order them quick enough on my phone. I feel really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

emo72 wrote: »
    Ah Jesus lads, I'm in deep trouble. I was meant to get 2 of these for valentines day present for my wife. I didn't wake up on time. If anyone can help me out please pm me. Even if they announce the Friday gig today I wouldn't be able to order them quick enough on my phone. I feel really bad.

Doubt you'd have got any even if you woke up on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Doubt you'd have got any even if you woke up on time.

Yeah, I can see that now. But it's the fact that I didn't even try. Remorse, is the word of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

I wonder what the chances are of a third gig on the friday????? so pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Really hope there's a Friday night gig!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

I tried to get tickets on Friday but didn't get them. I really wanted to see him live but I assume he will do a bigger tour once the album is out. Theses 2 dates are probably to see how popular he still is as he hasn't toured in a few years.

• Advertisement

Cam24 wrote: »
    I tried to get tickets on Friday but didn't get them. I really wanted to see him live but I assume he will do a bigger tour once the album is out. Theses 2 dates are probably to see how popular he still is as he hasn't toured in a few years.

No, these are his last two gigs ever. He's retiring immediately after it. I heard everyone in the audience is getting a copy of his unreleased masterpiece. He's also hanging around to meet every single person that had a ticket. Hot Press have already called it the best big of the decade. Ah well.

ThirdMan wrote: »
    No, these are his last two gigs ever. He's retiring immediately after it. I heard everyone in the audience is getting a copy of his unreleased masterpiece. He's also hanging around to meet every single person that had a ticket. Hot Press have already called it the best big of the decade. Ah well.
    who ratteled your cage??
    I was only saying it as a lot of people on twitter/facebook seemed to think these would be the only gigs he will do.

who ratteled your cage??
    I was only saying it as a lot of people on twitter/facebook seemed to think these would be the only gigs he will do.

I dare anyone (except you) to read what I wrote and not realise that I was having a laugh. You're obviously annoyed that you didn't get a ticket and I'm just trying to lighten things up with a bit of a joke. For christ sake. Everyone needs a smiley nowadays to know when to laugh.

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I dare anyone (except you) to read what I wrote and not realise that I was having a laugh. You're obviously annoyed that you didn't get a ticket and I'm just trying to lighten things up with a bit of a joke. For christ sake. Everyone needs a smiley nowadays to know when to laugh.
    To me it came across as being rude but if it was a joke i apologise.

To me it came across as being rude but if it was a joke i apologise.

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Gig review from anyone who did get tickets please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well he is part of the Electric Picnic line up now, give it a few months now with more added to the line up and loads of tickets still yet available. He would be a nice early evening act.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Chelon wrote: »
    Gig review from anyone who did get tickets please?

Gig was good
    I was buckled
    He was stoned
    Murphys was muck
    Place was stuffed
    Bring back 'Pencil' and '10 out of 10' versions 1

Usual Suspects Band in Porterhouse after were great as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Simon201 wrote: »
    Gig was good
    I was buckled
    He was stoned
    Murphys was muck
    Place was stuffed
    Bring back 'Pencil' and '10 out of 10' versions 1

Usual Suspects Band in Porterhouse after were great as well!

Sounds like a good un I missed then...

• Advertisement
Advertisement