Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW IS DEAD!!!

• 14-02-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anyone else giving up on raw?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It may not be the best time in Raws past atm but it's The Road to Wrestlemania which is generally when those who have given up on it tune in for a while so I doubt too many will stop right now

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AaronToal87

aw I'll start watching if d.bryan gets into the main event at WM30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thought Raw was rather great this week to be honest.

Really maybe I'll look it up I like how the Uso's are gettin a push

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Raw can be horrible at times over teh last 5 years, but over the last year it has been good. last weeks Raw was a great watch bar the main event. Raw has been better recently but still not at the attitude era level.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not a Cena Hater but I hate seeing him in the main event all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Honestly watching wrestling nowadays even with Sky+ the feeling I get when its over is one of relief. Raw & Impact can be a chore sometimes I actually deleted Raw this week after the Real Americans vs Sheamus & Christian tag match. Very good but practically ruined by the dickhole commentary team making comments on Christians appearance. Didn`t know JBL wanted to be attracted to guys he sees as the face of WWE :confused:

Prefer the PPVs & chatting about it on here tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have been enjoying Raw for the past few months to be honest, I know I'm in the minority, but it has more than delivered when it comes to great matches which is what I really want to see more than anything.

Yeah the commentating is boring all they do is make every match about them talk about the app the network twitter and cena so all the other story lines fall falt coz no1 is telling the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RamirezAuron

Some reasons:
    WWE missed out some opportunities (The web-hype of Zack Ryder, the vast ignoring of Ziggler, Bryan etc., the lack of luck in finding the new big bad guy)
    And the other reason is, that WWE has, in their eyes, no competition.
    The failure of TNA to catch up fans, by signing Hogan and Bishop etc.

• Advertisement

And someone like Shawn Michaels should be the man in charge for the talent scouting and development/training of them.

And the McMahon's mostly no longer recognize, when a storyline is only crap...

Some reasons:
    WWE missed out some opportunities (The web-hype of Zack Ryder, the vast ignoring of Ziggler, Bryan etc., the lack of luck in finding the new big bad guy)
    And the other reason is, that WWE has, in their eyes, no competition.
    The failure of TNA to catch up fans, by signing Hogan and Bishop etc.

Yeah WWE hate when guys get big without them doing it for them Ryder,Ziggler & Bryan to name a few I think then need a new big bad group.

I'd love a new Nation of Domination lead by Mark Henry, Big E, Brodus Clay (No Dancing Dino) Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Xavier Woods and managed by Ron Simmons

Henry, R-Truth, Woods and Simmons as manager, that would be a good start!

I'm sick of the groups of 3 or 4 thing i want a big group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

NOD would crash and burn today. It would be so far removed from the original premise it would make it pointless.

On topic, Raw has been boring as hell lately. If it wasn't Wrestlemania season, I wouldn't bother watching the whole show anymore. If things are still the same in two months time, I won't be watching Raw anymore. I can get my wifey on the app so I have no reason to watch the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just fast forward through the filler and it makes it much easier.

I fast forward raw last time it was over in about 25 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I haven't really enjoyed it since Summerslam. The Authority storyline has just been crap feud after crap feud. It worked for Vince but with HHH it's just been a case of me hoping they'd let the 2 guys feud based on their own dislike for each other rather than constant ****ty interventions.

Yeah The Authority storyline sucks I've hated that

CSF wrote: »
    I haven't really enjoyed it since Summerslam. The Authority storyline has just been crap feud after crap feud. It worked for Vince but with HHH it's just been a case of me hoping they'd let the 2 guys feud based on their own dislike for each other rather than constant ****ty interventions.

It worked for Vince because he was willing to look like a fool. Austin made him piss himself in the middle of the ring. Triple H would never let anyone do that to him. Every single thing that happens, Triple H ends up being right about. He is never wrong, and he knows he is never wrong, which makes it incredibly boring. Vince was often wrong, he knew he was wrong, but would never admit it which made it much more entertaining.

Triple H simply wont allow himself to be humiliated or shown up even a little. Until he changes that mindset, the Authority will continue to be awful.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It worked for Vince because he was willing to look like a fool. Austin made him piss himself in the middle of the ring. Triple H would never let anyone do that to him. Every single thing that happens, Triple H ends up being right about. He is never wrong, and he knows he is never wrong, which makes it incredibly boring. Vince was often wrong, he knew he was wrong, but would never admit it which made it much more entertaining.

Triple H simply wont allow himself to be humiliated or shown up even a little. Until he changes that mindset, the Authority will continue to be awful.

The thing is HHH isn't the same as Vince so all that stuff Vince did was better coz he was like everyone's boss and Austin was like the average guy but he got to smack his boss around like most people would want to do if they had a boss like Vince.

HHH does need to start putting people over tho I'll give you that

If you look on the TNA-fail with Aces 'n' Eights
    you see that it's not a question of quantity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Doesn't help that the Authority turn in every second promo. Such inconsistent rubbish.

That is incredibly accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

To me it's just the three hours that are killing it. I mean, kudos to putting out a 180minute show weekly and live too, but it's far too long to hold interest most the time. There's far too much filler. Imagine if you got only the best 2/3rs to Raw every week? It'd be brilliant.

Deadlie wrote: »
    To me it's just the three hours that are killing it. I mean, kudos to putting out a 180minute show weekly and live too, but it's far too long to hold interest most the time. There's far too much filler. Imagine if you got only the best 2/3rs to Raw every week? It'd be brilliant.

RAW is only 132 mins long a week if you take out ads and even less if you take out flash backs to what happend in the show that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Mokuba wrote: »
    Doesn't help that the Authority turn in every second promo. Such inconsistent rubbish.

The Authority is consistent in their being two-faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

RAW is only 132 mins long a week if you take out ads and even less if you take out flash backs to what happend in the show that night

Still - not like there was less ads/flashbacks per hour when it was 2 hours long. It'd be better for competition too - if you've only got time for the best, you only show the best. You wouldn't get segments where they throw the Miz into something at the last moment for the sake of it, or 47 divas in some poxy tag match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Try watching RAW from 1994-1995, 2003, 2009-2012. Some really brutal shows.

There is still a lot wrong with the product but the wrestling on the show has improved substantially and thats what i'm looking for when I watch a wrestling show.

I do agree the commentary is often really bad though. It really does hurt a lot of the content sometimes. But again it was worse in recent years with the constant Vickie Guerrero jokes.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Try watching RAW from 1994-1995, 2003, 2009-2012. Some really brutal shows.

There is still a lot wrong with the product but the wrestling on the show has improved substantially and thats what i'm looking for when I watch a wrestling show.

I do agree the commentary is often really bad though. It really does hurt a lot of the content sometimes. But again it was worse in recent years with the constant Vickie Guerrero jokes.
    Those were all periods of time when I wasn't watching thankfully.

CSF wrote: »
    Those were all periods of time when I wasn't watching thankfully.

Be very, very thankful.

I remember watching King of the Ring 95 as a 9 year old. Ugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Bring back...

Arena141.jpg

Make vince sell it!! dont want it back as a wwe product...

Bring back...

Arena141.jpg

Nitro had even more **** then Raw a lot of the time in fairness.

The Outsiders/early NWO stuff was great TV, Goldberg winning the belt and some other great moments. But then you had Fingerpoke of Doom, David Arquette, Jim Duggan turning heel(yes really), endless title changes, heel/face turns, gimmick matches galore.

Bring back...

Arena141.jpg

Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan are looking for work :pac:

Aces and Eights, Brooke Hogan, The Nasty Boys and the nWo version 65280 running wild, brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've found it hard going since last summer, even with sky plus I still find it tough to get through. Some weeks I don't bother with it at all, I still like keeping abreast of what's happening though online. I think once you go past a certain age as a wrestling fan you're stuck with it for life. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Stopped watching after Summerslam. No interest in watching HHH bury everyone or great wrestling with sh*t storylines or no storyline at all.

If Bryan looks like getting the title or Punk returns I will probably tune back in.

Review a Raw is a lot more enjoyable than Raw so I stick to that.

Looking forward to getting the network though. :pac:

Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan are looking for work :pac:

Aces and Eights, Brooke Hogan, The Nasty Boys and the nWo version 65280 running wild, brother.

guitar-smash-o.gif

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I've really enjoyed Raw since Summerslam, love the authority storyline. Triple H and Stephanie have been brilliant in the role, and keeping Vince off of TV is also a good idea, he was becoming stale.

Making Randy Orton the face of he company for the past few months has been an excellent choice. A year ago he was in the mid-card having boring feuds with Sheamus, but he's really stepped up his game lately, rejuvenated, having quality matches and delivering quality promos, giving the best work of his career.

Really missing CM Punk on Raw though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Bring back...

Arena141.jpg

With big screens outside the arena because every Nitro would be sold out :D

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    I've really enjoyed Raw since Summerslam, love the authority storyline. Triple H and Stephanie have been brilliant in the role, and keeping Vince off of TV is also a good idea, he was becoming stale.

Making Randy Orton the face of he company for the past few months has been an excellent choice. A year ago he was in the mid-card having boring feuds with Sheamus, but he's really stepped up his game lately, rejuvenated, having quality matches and delivering quality promos, giving the best work of his career.

Really missing CM Punk on Raw though.

Is that you, Hunter? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

RAW is actually quite good, much better than in previous years. That said, it's greatly let down by the commentary. I miss Jim Ross. Maybe his style will never be repeated but his commentary was so important in making stars.

Advertisement