Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im SO SO Sorry Man on Bicylce

Options
  • 14-02-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Oh I feel very very bad, Just incase you are on Board bicycle man I did not mean to splash you this morning on Monahan Road!!

Feel horrible I hope I did not soak him too much, he did head off and seemed to get that I didn't see the flood part but again I should have been more cautious and im very very sorry :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You're some langer, had to go into work soaked to the bone.

Took your reg number and will be reporting you for driving with out due care and attention

You can only claim for being soaked to the skin, between skin and bone is already fairly soggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ah sure he was already wet cycling this morning anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

:) for some reason looksee I don't think it was you!!! Well he did have a load of wet gear on him already I don't think I actually soaked him that much. and It wasn't that I was'nt being cautious I was it was just very hard to see the flood it was just at each side of the road just bad timing I am always very cautions and nice to well behaved cyclists

sorry I didn't see it was Thomas andersons reply have never seen him on this before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Milly33 wrote: »
    sorry I didn't see it was Thomas andersons reply have never seen him on this before

He seems like a sound fella. Looking forward to more contributions from him.

• Advertisement

Haha ah me thinks he is just a plotte from some other part of boards, cant say i can see any other posts for him in the Cork threads and if it was him he would know that isn't the case as I have passed this cyclist before many a time and have not been a nasty ass to him..

Still though must pick up a box of chocolates or something and try and find this man that's if his not mr Anderson his not getting a box if that's him

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Haha ah me thinks he is just a plotte from some other part of boards, cant say i can see any other posts for him in the Cork threads and if it was him he would know that isn't the case as I have passed this cyclist before many a time and have not been a nasty ass to him..

Still though must pick up a box of chocolates or something and try and find this man that's if his not mr Anderson his not getting a box if that's him

God your nice! Chocolates :0:0:0 I wish I got soaked on my bike by you =(

sure ill probably be passing there same time next Friday if you want to wait around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

sure ill probably be passing there same time next Friday if you want to wait around!!

Its a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

So thomas anderson ....... did AGS launch a man / woman / person hunt today in response to this, most severe assault on your person ?

Was Armed Response, the Navy, the Air Corps, the Army, Interpol alerted?

I hope so. In case the perp is a serial splasher and there are other unwitting victims out there, yet to be attacked unprovoked, by this dastardly villain.

For the benefit of pedestrians and cyclists alike, have you a description so we can all beware ? Was it an 18 wheeler creating a Boxing Day - like tsunami, or was it something more stealthy, like a Nissan Micra, near silent but deadly?

I wish you a speedy recovery, from your immersion in.........water. Once the physical scars have healed, if you feel you might benefit from counselling to help heal the psychological scars, please PM me and I can refer you to an excellent psychotherapist.

I lost all feeling below the neck in a hit and run, as the result of a coked up cleric driving over me several times in his Prius in the church car park, assuming I was some kind of speed ramp and I can only empathise with what you must be dealing with. Compared to the ordeal you've endured, I count myself lucky.

I would ask all Boardsies to please light a candle, say a prayer, or sacrifice a chicken this Sunday for Thomas anderson, according to your beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

cant say i can see any other posts for him in the Cork threads

And nor will you for a few weeks.......ahem, he can cool his heels whilst drying off a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

well done for starting the thread and owning up milly, got a guy today blasting his horn at me on college road (before brookfield heading towards main campus) as where the road narrows there was a large puddle, and i saw people walking on the footpath, so i slowed down so i wouldn't soak them, clearly he was in a rush since it was a mere tiny section i had to slow down for,

today of all days people tend to have places to go and i figured they wouldn't appreciate a shower of muddy water.

Ah well you have to have respect for all on the road. I know there are as many bad cyclist as there is bad drivers but I have passed this chap a good few times and his a nice polite one.. They should really think about putting some cyclists tips into the theory test when you are doing your driving licence would be good to know how they should behave and vs versa..

mr Anderson is bye bye for now then I hope twasnt him as he sounded a bit upset about the whole thing, even with a mention of chocs

Advertisement