Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up payee with mobile verification

Options
  • 14-02-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried setting up a payee on my account last night but did not receive a verification text.  I deleted and retried creating the payee this morning, but still have not received a text.  Is there a backlog on this at the moment?  From what I can recall I usually received a text almost instantly.

Thanks,

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi JazzyJ,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on boards.ie.

Once your correct mobile number is activated to receive payee activation codes you should receive the code by text within minutes.

Can we ask you to try the following steps first and if you are still experiencing difficulty after this, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will look into this straight away for you.
    • Try switching your phone on and off.
    • Make sure your mail box is not full.
    • Make sure you have full coverage.
    • If you are abroad make sure you have international roaming enabled.
    • If the mobile is with a foreign provider, ensure they will forward text messages sent from us to your hand set.
    • Have you got and anti-virus or firewall that would block the text?
    • Make sure your phone provider allows you to receive text messages from financial institutions.
    If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Hi JazzyJ,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on boards.ie.

Once your correct mobile number is activated to receive payee activation codes you should receive the code by text within minutes.

Can we ask you to try the following steps first and if you are still experiencing difficulty after this, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will look into this straight away for you.
    • Try switching your phone on and off.
    • Make sure your mail box is not full.
    • Make sure you have full coverage.
    • If you are abroad make sure you have international roaming enabled.
    • If the mobile is with a foreign provider, ensure they will forward text messages sent from us to your hand set.
    • Have you got and anti-virus or firewall that would block the text?
    • Make sure your phone provider allows you to receive text messages from financial institutions.

[*]If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    [*]
    Thanks Elaine, both codes came through just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi JazzyJ,

Thanks for letting us know and we're glad you got it sorted.  

If you need anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to get back in contact with us.

Have a nice weekend.

Elaine

Advertisement