Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Keeper free on GoG today!!1!111eleventyone11!!!

• 14-02-2014 12:27pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says. Snap it up if you already haven't it's a true classic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Nice one retro, DK 2 is also on sale for $1.49, been meaning to pick them both up for ages now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Excellent, does it run OK on newer OS's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Excellent, does it run OK on newer OS's?

I've ran it on Win 8.1 on my laptop for my son. A little unstable but works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As the title says. Snap it up if you already haven't it's a true classic!

Yoink, thanks for the heads up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

nesf wrote: »
    I've ran it on Win 8.1 on my laptop for my son. A little unstable but works fine.

Cant expect to be perfect I guess, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Cant expect to be perfect I guess, thanks! :)

I probably could fiddle around with settings, permissions etc to get it to run perfectly to be honest. Windows 8 sometimes needs a bit of coaxing beyond just running things in Compatibility Mode. It's just my son started showing more interest in Age of Empires II HD so I didn't get around to it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Picked it up, but only got a brief chance to play. I think the HD era has killed my ability to enjoy these type of old, 3D DOS games though. The low-resolution, blocky sprites and aliased text gave me a headache after a halfhour or so; how did we play these games the first time around? I guess we knew no better and just got on with things. And that was before I possessed one of my minions and went to first person mode. Wurrrgggh. Still a great game, but nostalgia ain't what it used to be ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Went for the free Dungeon Keeper, bought the rest of the games in the Dungeons & Dragons promo I didn't already own. Well played GOG.

Advertisement