Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've just bought a pebble smart watch.

• 14-02-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've just ordered a black original pebble smart watch off their website. I went for that ahead of the steel for two reasons. The price and also the ability to easily get a nicer strap for it. The new app store and OS is much more impressive than before. Just wondering are there any bordsies that own one, have any tips and how they find them? Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I bought one via Kickstarter.

I had an iphone 5 when I first got my hands on the Pebble and subsequently moved to Samsung S4 and then a Nexus 5.
    Before the app store Android had a huge advantage over iOS, now I'm guessing they are fairly equal.

I sold it at Christmas when I realised I hadn't worn it in over a month, novelty wore off for me but YMMV.

The new ones do look nicer than the original plastic ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Planning on buying one myself (steel one most likely). do you know how much you had to pay in import duty/tax ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have one about 9 months now at this stage, i love it, when i got it first, i wasnt overly impressed with it as the notifications were very hit and miss with IOS software, however, back in Nov I think there was a major update for it which gave full support to IOS 7 and since then its been excellent.

One thing though, when I got it first, battery life was about 6 days, now Im lucky to get about 3 days out of it at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭squonk

Just had a look there. I'm not keen on the Black & White screen. I know it's for power saving purposes buy you just know that'll change before long to colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I ordered a pebble steel January in pre orders and got it April 22nd!
    About 40 euro in tax on it..
    I love it for notifications and twitter, also handy for gps when walking on holidays!
    I made a few watch faces too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

I got one off Kickstarter months ago and I use it a lot. In the car, I can see at a turn of the wrist who's calling. Might be moot if you have a good handsfree kit though. Same for when in meetings, I can see calls or scan a text/email without taking the phone out. I also tend to keep my phone on silent/vibrate only so I don't miss calls now like I used to.

The main con is the custom USB charger, be careful not to lose it! I'd much prefer if it was microUSB. For battery life, I understand that the clockface you choose matters. It refreshes the screen by checking every horizontal line and rewrites the whole line if a single pixel has changed. So a digital clockface that changes only by the minute is going to use a lot less battery to update the screen than an analogue clockface with a second arm that sweeps around constantly. I get around 5 days out of mine.

One of the first apps to get is the battery life indicator, otherwise it's hard to know how much juice is left.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

have one since Christmas use it constantly it's well worth it

Advertisement