Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greetings from a newbie !

• 14-02-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Hello fellow divers,

I'm a new diver, recently OW certified trying to get he's own gear and stop using a rental one.
    Considering that I don't have too much experience, I could really use your help to decide what would be a good, reliable gear.
    So, I looked on the internet for some options and I saw on http://www. dipndive.com a Mares Proton 42, the "she dives" version, and I understand that fits for all sorts of depths.
    Given the fact that I usually don't take the seller's word for granted, I ask politely,if someone who has used this model, maybe can offer an opinion on it, wanna know how the air flows, is it comfortable or not, etc...
    I would be very grateful for any other suggestion or information ;)

Thank you all, in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Firstly welcome , and best of luck in your new sport

Your link doesnt work just the photo

Taking infro from the internet is not really a great place to go IMO as you dont know anyone qualifaction or lack of , so just be careful

On that note im a senior instructor in a club based in dublin ;-)
    Most people stick to the easily serviceable , or locally servicable regs so check what you local service agent can service first ,

You regs and gear should suit the diving that you will be doing in the future not just the diving your doing now ,

If you plan on diving in portroe tipparry quary or other cold water diving , you will require enviromentally sealed regs . Apex do pleanty .

If you ar looking for girly pink or purple regs plenty of companies do covers and hoses that can lady up a correct choice of regs that you may need .

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk on the phone etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CristinnaP

Hi truebluesac,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply!
    You are right, as a matter of fact, I am looking for something reliable and for a long term use.
    It is not my interest to buy something fashionable, but safe.
    I really appreciate the Apeks suggestion.

Once again, thank you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Cristinna
    Firstly, welcome to the world of diving.

With regards to the gear I would recommend you accumulate it over a few years. See if you are doing as much diving as you thought you would. The initial outlay can be alot and it would be a shame if it was not used regularly.

Advertisement