Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet - Remote Access

Options
  • 14-02-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I am trying to configure my Europlex Signet alarm for remote access. I have setup my router to forward port 433 to the ip address of the alarm. I am not sure if the alarm should be TCP only or TCP/UDP though?

Once I have this done should I be able to access the alarm from anywhere? Do I type the ip address of my router which will automatically forward me to the alarm?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you also set the default gateway & DNS in the panel?
    After that if your IP is fixed you can browse straight to your IP by going to https://***.***.***.*** this being your external ip address.
    If your IP is dynamic you can enable the portal and goto SigNET secure.com & enter your panels serial number.
    I would recommend upgrading the firmware to SPC. That will then give you access to the SPC Anywhere apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

I hadn't changed the gateway and dns settings in the panel. Are these parameters that are determined from the router? Would the default for an ip address on a landline be static?

If I type https://***.***.***.*** do i need to do anything to access port 433?

The SPC Apps look like a great addition. I'll certainly look to add them in once I have the remote access sorted (I also need to fix the GSM module as that is not currently working and one of the contacts is faulty as well....)

I've looked at the netmask setting as well and it's nearly the same as the router value - the router ends in 255 whereas the alarm is 000. Should this be updated as well?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's right. Unless you are on a big network sub net mask should always be 255.255.255.0.
    If you're going to your ip address via https://
    That will automatically goto port 443

Still having some problems with this setup. I've done the following so far

Port Forwarding:
    Protocol: Tried both TCP and TCP/UDP - not sure which is correct?
    External Start Port: 443
    External End Port: 443
    Internal Host: 192.168.1.100 (as per the setting on the alarm)
    Internal Port: 443

Alarm Settings:
    IP Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway setting: As per the router value
    DNS Server: As per the router value (Primary not secondary DNS)

I opened the panel and there is a solid green led where it says link next to the LAN connection. The Act LED flashes intermittently

I try going to a web browser and typing https://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx but nothing happens. Is there some other setting I'm missing?

• Advertisement

fitzie79 wrote: »
    Still having some problems with this setup. I've done the following so far

Port Forwarding:
    Protocol: Tried both TCP and TCP/UDP - not sure which is correct?
    External Start Port: 443
    External End Port: 443
    Internal Host: 192.168.1.100 (as per the setting on the alarm)
    Internal Port: 443

Alarm Settings:
    IP Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway setting: As per the router value
    DNS Server: As per the router value (Primary not secondary DNS)

I opened the panel and there is a solid green led where it says link next to the LAN connection. The Act LED flashes intermittently

I try going to a web browser and typing https://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx but nothing happens. Is there some other setting I'm missing?

On your internal network can you browse to the panel at https://192.168.1.100?
    Is your network range 192.168.1.***?

The network range is 192.168.1.254.

I can access https://192.168.1.100 directly alright. Is there a default user id / password to get in to this?

User ID is your user name as set up in your user code. Password is your user code. The user must have attributes for web access.
    Is that an Eircom router?
    If so set the firewall to low or off.

i have 2 users. i tried using the username and password for both users but neither seemed to work. i looked through the menu and in users - edit - [username] - user options - web access there is an asterix next to both users so both should have web access enabled?

the router is a vodafone router (HG658c), the firewall is set to low

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Set user type to manager, web access is automatically enabled. The user name is case sensitive so make sure that's correct and the password is your user code.

• Advertisement

Success! Username was all CAPS - too used to username not being case sensitive.

At least now I know that I can access the panel - just need to resolve why the remote access isn't working.

Can you post a screen shot of the port forwarding settings on your router?

I was about to get that screen shot and noticed that the ip address is different to yesterday - googling a little shows that vodafone use dynamic ip address....

I tried logging in to signetsecure.com as mentioned by koolkid in an earlier post. I entered the panel id (I presume the 10 digit number on a sticker on the pcb inside the panel) but got a message saying the "panel is not registered".

How do I go about registering the panel? In the help section it mentioned editing the network - communication menu. I don't see an option for this in either the web login page or through the keypad going in as the engineer.

Worry about the portal when you have opened the port. Whether the panel is registered or not doesn't make any odds to the port being opened or not.

Stick up the screen shot of your router first and I'll have a look at it. There's a handy website called canyouseeme.org and enter the port you're trying to open. It will tell you whether it's open or not. If it doesn't show as open on that site then there's a wrong setting on the router.

Here it is - i tried that webpage and it doesn't seem to see the port

Just to confirm, have you entered the router ip into the settings on the alarm under communications - Ethernet- gateway. In there set that to whatever your routers ip is, probably 192.168.1.254.

Two things here. Before you goto your external IP check its still the same at www.whatismyip.com
    Also check the port is open at www.canyouseeme.org.
    Also bear in mind you may not be able to go out and in on the same IP with Vodafone. Try it from another internet connection.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Two things here. Before you goto your external IP check its still the same at www.whatismyip.com
    Also check the port is open at www.canyouseeme.org.
    Also bear in mind you may not be able to go out and in on the same IP with Vodafone. Try it from another internet connection.

The port isn't open so going out and in on the external ip doesn't matter at this stage.

Not sure how he has been checking it though?
    Did he say he checked canyouseeme.org? Just flicking back over the thread I wasn't sure.
    If he is just trying browsing to the external IP from the same machine it may not show up.

Not sure how he has been checking it though?
    Did he say he checked canyouseeme.org? Just flicking back over the thread I wasn't sure.
    If he is just trying browsing to the external IP from the same machine it may not show up.

He was using canyouseeme. It definitely seems like a port issue as he can access the panel in his local network.

• Advertisement

Just to confirm, have you entered the router ip into the settings on the alarm under communications - Ethernet- gateway. In there set that to whatever your routers ip is, probably 192.168.1.254.

in this setting i have entered the default gateway that i received from the router settings. the router ip is 192.168.1.1 which is different to the gateway setting that i got when i logged in to the router

The default gateway should be your routers IP address.

fitzie79 wrote: »
    in this setting i have entered the default gateway that i received from the router settings. the router ip is 192.168.1.1 which is different to the gateway setting that i got when i logged in to the router

Whatever ip you use to access your router should be entered into the gateway option on the panel.

i've updated this now so the default gateway is the router ip. it doesn't work at the moment. i won't be able to try using a different internet connection for a few days to see if this works

Is port 443 showing open if you check with canyouseeme.org. ?

Is port 443 showing open if you check with canyouseeme.org. ?

no - unfortunately not. just tried it there again.

on the panel settings what should the dns value be set to - is it the primary dns value from the router?

It's probably a good idea at this stage to post all of the Ethernet settings on your alarm panel.

IP Address - 192.168.001.100
    IP Netmask - 255.255.255.000
    Gateway - 192.168.001.001
    DNS - 089.019.064.036
    DHCP - Disabled

Can you enable DHCP & tell us what settings come up for all of the above?

• Advertisement

With dhcp enabled I get

Ip address 192.168.001.013
    Ip netmask 255.255.255.000
    Gateway 192.168.001.001
    Dns server 192.168.001.001

Advertisement