Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphical Glitch Problem

Options
  • 14-02-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

I was playing a few hours of Rust yesterday when the game froze, I thought nothing of it, used task manager to shut it down and then restarted it. 10 or 15 minutes later it froze again which I thought was odd so I felt the back of my pc and it was pretty hot. I instantly quit the game, opened the side panel and checked it for dust or anything making it overheat. It was pretty clean. I didn't think to check the gpu temp at the time but it was around the 50's when I tried the game later.

Since then I've been getting these weird black lines on my desktop screen and sometimes half my screen will turn different colours in a triangle shape. When I game this doesn't happen, only while on the desktop and on my browser. Tried taking the graphics card out and cleaning it, don't have wipes atm to try removing the thermal paste and replacing it.

Anyone have any idea what it might be? PC was built less than a year ago

Advertisement