Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports council funding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The TI review of it is a good overview http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=1599

It is a shame to shim dropped, sports council funding is very hard fought. and unfortunately for him with his knee injury he has dropped back a bit from their view, despite very impressive perforances at national championships and Austria.

Bryan Keane is certainly a good hopeful for us at Rio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I thought Ben Shaw was racing under the ITU flag while he waited for his transfer to Australia...or something?? Under the current rankings he has ITU beside his name. Potentially a great athlete from what I've seen of him.

http://www.triathlon.org/rankings/itu_world_triathlon_series/male

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does the funding council not recognise Ironman? Noble and Mullen had great results last year. Is it only aimed at Olympic events?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Does the funding council not recognise Ironman? Noble and Mullen had great results last year. Is it only aimed at Olympic events?

Sports Council is only about olympics.

Hadn't been following Gav's blog is his knee bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Conor Murphy can feel hard done by also after having a number of top 10 ITU results last year.

Rob Heffernan obviously deserves his sports council funding but the other two walkers on there is a bit of a joke. Paul Pollock didn't even make it & finished 21st in the marathon World Championships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

tunney wrote: »
    Sports Council is only about olympics.

Hadn't been following Gav's blog is his knee bad?

Hey had been suffering from a recurin injury as far as I know so had surgery during the year.

As far as I know it mainly effects his running but he seems to be recovering well from it and hopefully will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

MSJ_7354%20-%20Copy.JPG
    22 year old Ben Shaw has just recently come on program with Triathlon Ireland and received the welcome boost of 'International Level' funding from the Irish Sports Council after TI's funding applications were submitted in late 2013.

From Triathlon Ireland

Advertisement