Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When I use 142 etc the number rings as engaged, VF no good. help

Options
  • 14-02-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭

This has me driven bonkers. I have the telephone line and broadband with VF and all worked hunky dory until a few weeks ago. The fault I have is, when I dial a number with the 142 prefix I get an engaged or blocked tone. I then just dial the number and hey presto it rings but it will show on receiving caller as private or witheld. I then get asked " why are you hiding your number etc etc. I am blue in the face explaining myself. I rang VF tech support and that's a nightmare as well but eventually I got through explained the problem and said please " remove all those CLI features etc and just make my phone number visible to all. Ok it will take 24 hours .... you guessed 48 hours later and still the same.

By the way I have tried all the usual fixes, dial all the code, put in 142 myself, use a different handset all to no avail.

Help. it cant be that difficult.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you try 141 + your mobile does it ring your mobile? (It should ring private)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭swoofer

tried that and got no witheld on mobile.

GBCULLEN wrote: »

So that fixed your problem? Vodafone haven't routing set up right on your line by the sounds of it.

you have totally misread my first posting.

and I still have problem. I have all my numbers stored in a directory, so when I need to ring a number I use select name and press dial. However, inorder to allow the person receeving my call I prefix the number with 142. This is the facility that no longer works. I may not have explained myself correctly.

And thanks for replying. I have VF fibre BB as well and I have the VF router bridged.

To expand a little further, if I ring a new number say 034 678912 from my landline then person answering will see my number BUT if I put phone down and ring them back later I will get an engaged or blocked tone. Maybe that explains it a bit better.

an update, phone now working properly again, i can only assume that 24 hours means about 72 hours and counting.

• Advertisement

Oops, when you said "no" I took it literally. Vodafone have been having issues with their network due to the weather, may be something to do with it

Mr G the bloomin problem is back again today!! Well after a long hard struggle I have giving up and I am ringing no one anymore they can ring me I dont have the heart or the patience explaining " Why are you witholding your number etc etc."

Sadly I am going to ring eircom tommorrow and enquire about a new line.

And yes my reply was pants. I should have done No. or better stil NUMBER WITHELKD but when one is driven round the twist the brain stops functioning properly if at all. Months of explaining about my number witheld has me broken.

Mr G the bloomin problem is back again today!! Well after a long hard struggle I have giving up and I am ringing no one anymore they can ring me I dont have the heart or the patience explaining " Why are you witholding your number etc etc."

Sadly I am going to ring eircom tommorrow and enquire about a new line.

And yes my reply was pants. I should have done No. or better stil NUMBER WITHELKD but when one is driven round the twist the brain stops functioning properly if at all. Months of explaining about my number witheld has me broken.

Vodafone are having issues with their network though and porting may be delayed any way. You can port your line to eircom, if you want to get one installed there would be a longer delay due to the number of faults on the eircom network. Log a fault and wait, or ask on the Talk to--Vodafone forum, they might be of help.

I'll wait until April 2014. And start afresh, it should be spring by then.

Advertisement