Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Budget Recording Monitoring Headphones

• 14-02-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for headphones which are good for music playback and provide clear un-Eq'd sound for listening band recording playback when mixing/mastering.

I'd be interested to hear about:
    A: €50 or less
    B) €50 - €100
    But nothing more than that, i can't justify it and with musics law of diminishing returns I would not see the value for money.

I am NOT a professional music recorder so I do not need the highest possible standard TBH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Cormac... wrote: »
    Looking for headphones which are good for music playback and provide clear un-Eq'd sound for listening band recording playback when mixing/mastering.

I'd be interested to hear about:
    A: €50 or less
    B) €50 - €100
    But nothing more than that, i can't justify it and with musics law of diminishing returns I would not see the value for money.

I am NOT a professional music recorder so I do not need the highest possible standard TBH

I don't think that law applies to headphones required to carry out the operations you describe given your price range.

The entry level AKG models may be of interest to you. That said you are asking a lot from the price range if you are mixing and mastering where for tracking you could push the price limits lower. It comes down to what exactly you are using them for. Beyerdynamic DT150s are the ones I use for all round type of duties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Can't stand mixing on headphones - a really good way to go deaf in a hurry. Monitor speakers - simply better. If on a budget, use them as your hifi too.

Advertisement