Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Robbery and mugging

Options
  • 14-02-2014 3:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just talking to one of my neighbours who told me a student was attacked here during the week and that there was a robbery in Spar.
    I had a look but all I can find is something about it on Kfm but i can not view the article.
    There is usually no crime around here or so I thought:)
    Anyone got a link?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's covered in the Champion. May be on their Facebook.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

There was always a little bit of crime in Maynooth but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Somehow, the image the Champion uses on Facebook makes the colours on their front cover look even more garish than reality.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought it for the 1st time ever,the student lives next door to me in digges .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is that the Spar down at Newtown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scaryhairy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I was just talking to one of my neighbours who told me a student was attacked here during the week and that there was a robbery in Spar.
    I had a look but all I can find is something about it on Kfm but i can not view the article.
    There is usually no crime around here or so I thought:)
    Anyone got a link?

I'm thinking of buying a house in Maynooth Park, Maynooth,
    Is this a good estate to live in, it seems like a nice settled place.
    Any info would be appreciated..Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im in Maynooth park.
    Its a really nice estate.Well settled and great for families.The big green area is great for the kids in the Summer.

Lot of student digs during college months.But you very rarely see any mad parties or anything like that.

Now if only we could get cars to slow down as they pass it.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Is that the Spar down at Newtown?

Yes.

scaryhairy wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a house in Maynooth Park, Maynooth,
    Is this a good estate to live in, it seems like a nice settled place.
    Any info would be appreciated..Thanks.

It is nice.
    The shops are right beside you,there is very easy access to the motorway,there is a mixture of older people and young families and there is a very active residents association.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Moonbeam wrote: »
    there is a very active residents association.

A bit too active at times :)

Advertisement