Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Jobs without Postgraduate? General Advice Request

Options
  • 14-02-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I finished a degree in Biotech in UCD 5 years ago and was on the dole, so I did an hons degree in Applied Biology in GMIT just for something to do in the depths of the recession, went straight into 4th year.

I ended up getting a job afterwards but its a very boring position with lots of data entry and no lab work and zero chance of advancement.

Been here 3 years now and am absolutely sick of my life, about to turn 30 and I know Im better off than a lot of people but I really feel like Ill be back on the dole soon and looking at the job sites everywhere seems to want a 4th level qualification.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do, I dont think I could stomach a 4 year pHd to be honest, is there any one year course in anything that would give me a bit of career direction and purpose or should I just bite the bullet and emigrate? Money is not an issue for me, any help appreciated thanks.

Advertisement