Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof on shed

Options
  • 14-02-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Looking for some help please. Had builders in building a shed. Everything went up grand but the roof looks off. Builder says back wall of shed is even and front wall is even but because the back wall runs at an angle along with the lane at the back of my house (wider at the left side as you face it) it makes it look like its off. How can this be rectified? Any help appreciated. If this is wrong thread mods feel free to move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

bono_v wrote: »
    Looking for some help please. Had builders in building a shed. Everything went up grand but the roof looks off. Builder says back wall of shed is even and front wall is even but because the back wall runs at an angle along with the lane at the back of my house (wider at the left side as you face it) it makes it look like its off. How can this be rectified? Any help appreciated. If this is wrong thread mods feel free to move.

Who suggested a pitched roof on it ? Only suggestion would be to take it off, add a block to front or remove a block from the back and put on a flat roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

bono_v wrote: »

Strip it and raise the back its not the biggest job in the world it will never be right unless you do that .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

That electricity pole behind the shed is doing some work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    That electricity pole behind the shed is doing some work!!
    It's an eircom pole.

air wrote: »
    It's an eircom pole.

Ahhh I see...ghastly looking thing

• Advertisement

OP best of luck with the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Ah took me a minute to see what you meant, so if I understand correctly the top of each wall is level but because the rear wall runs parallel with the lane at the back of the shed and the front wall parallel with your house, they are not parallel with each other.

If that's the case it can never look right with a sloped roof covering the whole shed, you need to put a flat roof on it, the other option if you really want a sloped roof would be to put in a timber to carry the roof parallel with the front wall, on the short side wall place it right at the back and on the long side wall place it wherever keeps it parallel to the front wall, this will obviously be somewhat forward of the back wall, make sure the timber is level and work your sloped roof forward off this, then you would have a small irregularly shaped flat roof on top at the back.

Advertisement