Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

very weird problem with 3g signal

• 14-02-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

my wife is on vodafone bill pay

she recently lost her phone and we replaced it with a sim free samsung galaxy S3

the phone works fine but she is unable to connect to the 3g network (mobile internet) with the various popular apps, facebook, instagram, twitter. you get the message "unable to refresh feed"

but she can connect on 3g using the browser on the phone, google search

if i switch sims with my phone, the apps will work with my sim, so it's not a problem with the phone, her sim in my phone has the same problems

vodafone replaces the sim, but the problem remains

is there some android/googleplay setting that means that apps will only work on wiki or something like that, vodafone customer care are scratching their heads as much as we are

any wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

FensterDJ wrote: »
    my wife is on vodafone bill pay

she recently lost her phone and we replaced it with a sim free samsung galaxy S3

the phone works fine but she is unable to connect to the 3g network (mobile internet) with the various popular apps, facebook, instagram, twitter. you get the message "unable to refresh feed"

but she can connect on 3g using the browser on the phone, google search

if i switch sims with my phone, the apps will work with my sim, so it's not a problem with the phone, her sim in my phone has the same problems

vodafone replaces the sim, but the problem remains

is there some android/googleplay setting that means that apps will only work on wiki or something like that, vodafone customer care are scratching their heads as much as we are

any wisdom would be greatly appreciated

http://blog.savina.net/2010/01/06/apn-settings-for-vodafone-ok-for-all-android-phone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

that seems to have done something, working for now, cheers

Advertisement