Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workshop for a small repair in Dublin ?

Options
  • 14-02-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there.
    I just received my Kayfun 3.1 ES clone from Fasttech; it's pretty well made, threads are smooth, finish is perfect, etc. etc.

But apparently whoever made it, did it on Friday and simply gave up when making the grooves on the deck, resulting in no grooves at all, as you can guess that will drastically reduce the juice input.

Not wanting to send it back to Singapore and wait two months for the replacement, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get it fixed ?

Basically any shop in Dublin where there is a milling machine, or any sort of fixed drill, willing to do that 15 mins job ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Take a picture and send it to them and demand a new one before you get it fixed. Then you will have 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Take a picture and send it to them and demand a new one before you get it fixed. Then you will have 2!

Crafty bastard genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zxenop

And lie to Fasttech ?
    NEVEEEER !

I couldn't do that anyway they would ask for the product to be returned first

They might ask you can they send you the base only, if it was me I would tell them the tank threads are also fuked.

Zxenop wrote: »
    And lie to Fasttech ?
    NEVEEEER !

I couldn't do that anyway they would ask for the product to be returned first

Dont worry, its their own policy, if a fault is obvious in a photo they will send you a replacement.

• Advertisement

You think ? I was quite sure their RMA procedure always demanded to return the product first ? Except for special cases like that frakup with Taifun Gt chromed brass deck.

Truth be told I never had to return anything to FT during the one year I've been shopping there.

Anyway I'll try that tomorrow, but I would prefer fixing the problem here, it's an easy fix really, I just lack the proper machines to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Vape Freaks

Anyone you know with a Tap & Die set maybe?

Quite popular since Aldi & Lidl started selling them.

HTH

Don't think that would work, I need precise fixed tools; it won't be drilling completely through metal, but more on the edge of the deck to create a trench along the chimney male thread, the tap & die won't be able to stay in place.
    Plus it's stainless steel I want to drill, I need good tools.

FT in their infinite wisdom realised its easier and cheaper for them just to send out replacements if you send a photo because if you send it back they have to refund you the postage.

In cases where they suspect you are pulling a fast one or if its an expensive item they will ask for it to be sent back but they still refund the postage.

In this case if you open a ticket, then I think its the DOA section, tell them the situation in simple English and be curtious, add the close up photos of the base. The will get back to you in a day or 2.

In fairness you're gonna have to throw someone 20euro or so to get that work done so you should get a new one.

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement