Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FOOTBALL BOOTS??

• 14-02-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hey
    I have a pair of old preds but are too small so going to buy a new pair of boots , but what one. Im thinking of getting sg ones but not sure do they really make a difference?? I was thinking of world cups but not sure any recommendations ??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Copa Mundials. There still making them for a reason. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Daniel S wrote: »
    Copa Mundials. There still making them for a reason. ;)

World Cups and the above are both great , in this weather Id go with WCs though.

I wear Mercurial Vapors myself, they are very comfy indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

Thanks
    What are you're thoughts on the Adidas kaisers there half the price of the world cups but are they any good

They are a cheaper verison of the World Cups/Copa Mundials. Never worn them myself but i think the leather isnt as good and a few other minor differences. Never saw much difference myself with them and World Cups.

I know from wearing a pair of Preds to a pair of Absolados (the cheaper verison of preds), that they arent as comfortable and it might be the case with the Kaisers

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

beakerjoe wrote: »
    They are a cheaper verison of the World Cups/Copa Mundials. Never worn them myself but i think the leather isnt as good and a few other minor differences. Never saw much difference myself with them and World Cups.

I know from wearing a pair of Preds to a pair of Absolados (the cheaper verison of preds), that they arent as comfortable and it might be the case with the Kaisers

Just on Copa Mundials and I've worn them for years, Does anyone else be susceptible to ankle problems from time to time?

Maybe its just me

• Advertisement

Thanks for yer help
    I kinda want to get these http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/gaa-boots/adults-nike-premier-firm-ground/invt/13219013 but there not in sg would it make a big difference ?

Well it can be hazardous playing on grass in this weather with mouldies. SG would make staying on your feet a lor easier. If you play on Astro id say the Mouldies are fine though.

Ya ill stick with the sg what are they like playing on astro not great im guessing

Can be hard on the soles of your feet, i find my feet killing me after being stuck playing in them on astro.

I know Puma Kings do a hybrid of SG/HG boots if that helps

Puma King Mixed sole

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

There is a version of the mundials with a combination of studs and mouldies as well

where could i get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Blackouts.ie
    Seen this on twitter before where they add soft ground studs to your copas. Personally i wouldn't do that until i seen a pair that were done and that they lasted and were comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Midfield9 wrote: »
    Blackouts.ie
    Seen this on twitter before where they add soft ground studs to your copas. Personally i wouldn't do that until i seen a pair that were done and that they lasted and were comfortable.

I am keeping an eye out for flashy premium boots that a shop cant shift and might then try the blackout if there's value in that although I'm sorted this year for boots already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

last 3 pairs of preds (FG - blades) ive picked up on prosoccerdirect for less than €70, wear them year round without issue in soft ground or astro. Also have a pair of SG preds that are about 4 years old but they barely get used

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Skylined.94

Wouldn't blame you going for the SG boots but the new Warrior range are reasonably priced and seem like good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

http://www.lovellsoccer.co.uk/Football-Boots/Puma/King-Mixed-Sole-SG-Football-Boots-Metallic-White-or-High-Risk-Red-or-Black

the puma boots on this site seem to be very cheap?? are they real leather, I've worn the black puma king all my life normally cost €120?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

bangkok wrote: »
    http://www.lovellsoccer.co.uk/Football-Boots/Puma/King-Mixed-Sole-SG-Football-Boots-Metallic-White-or-High-Risk-Red-or-Black

the puma boots on this site seem to be very cheap?? are they real leather, I've worn the black puma king all my life normally cost €120?

Could be the end of a range maybe - load of adidas pred were down to very cheap on mandmdirect - I'm ordering my pair tomorrow when I get back over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

anyone have any idea for ideal boots for big feet? I wear a size 13 runner but I have to buy nike ones because Adidas are a narrow fit and don't fit me. I was looking to buy Copa Mundial (online) but I'm afraid if I do they will be too small. What do ye recommend? Are Puma Kings a narrow fit too?

p.s What is the cheapest place to buy them? Seen kings on gaastore.com for 75 and copa mudials for 100. Any where cheaper then that?

Always found that adidas and puma were narrower and Nike was that bit wider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fiery biscuits

Can't beat copa munials IMO

Advertisement