Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running bra...

Options
  • 14-02-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi ladies (I guess),
    A little bit of advise... I need a good support bra, I really dont mind the look, BUT I need one that 'hides' the nipples :o Would a sports / padded one be enough?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I use Shock Absorber all the time as they're great for support but to be honest, I never thought about the ahem ...nipple thing. Why would you be worried about that? Even men have nipples:pac:

I was in a sports shop the other day and saw sports bras with padding. I couldn't understand why a sports bra would need padding:confused: so they are out there if you shop around. I don't know if it was an aesthetic thing or for some other reason. I think it was Lifestyle sports, can't remember the brand.
    There's a picture of Kathryn Thomas in Irish Runner and she's wearing a padded bra but I don't know if it's a sports bra.
    The material in Shock Absorber bras is quite thick so I think normal sports bras would cover most of your modesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

A good well elasticated sports bra will squash you down, should be enough to not have nipple issues.

Best bet it to head for somewhere and try on loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Is that a sports bra Kathryn is wearing? I was looking at that photo and thinking it looked very 'uplift-y' and underwired. She looks great, but she doesn't look all strapped down and under control for running in that pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Panache sports bra and the Freya Active moulded cup sports bras have lined cups (light padding) and are available in a wide size range. Either should be enough to hide any high beams!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

Thanks a lot!!!

Ososlo, some of the reasons why some women might prefer padding is because even if it is not cold, they are out there. Some women with a bit of 'padding' everywhere are bigger than others,... some after breastfeeding are always out and so not necessarily look in the same direction. NE, SW..... so imagine the 'picture' ;o))) and this applies to everyday life not only running, so imagine running ;o)) that is my 'humble' reason to prefer to have padding, and I prefer the ones that 'squash' a bit as well.
    Kathryn Thomas looks good even with a cabbage on the head ,.... but my physique is not like hers.
    So ladies, thanks a lot, I have some names to start with. Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Moving Comfort Juno bra sounds like the type of running bra you are looking for http://therunningoutlet.co.uk/products/moving-comfort-juno-sports-bra

HTH

Hi RubyK, thanks for this. Do you have one? Is the adjustable straps at the front annoying, or you dont feel that? Do you know any shop that sells them? rather than only online? Thanks again!

kabuxa wrote: »
    Hi RubyK, thanks for this. Do you have one? Is the adjustable straps at the front annoying, or you dont feel that? Do you know any shop that sells them? rather than only online? Thanks again!

I have 3 of them. The adjustable velcro straps are very comfortable, with soft padding, and don't cut in, iykwim. I have tried soooo many sports bras, and for me, this is the best. It can be a bit of a job getting into it :pac:, but once on, it's supportive and comfy so does the job. Sorry I can't help with shops, I've only ever bought online.

Great Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

RubyK wrote: »
    I have 3 of them. The adjustable velcro straps are very comfortable, with soft padding, and don't cut in, iykwim. I have tried soooo many sports bras, and for me, this is the best. It can be a bit of a job getting into it :pac:, but once on, it's supportive and comfy so does the job. Sorry I can't help with shops, I've only ever bought online.

RubyK, what are these like size wise? Have been looking for an alternative to my shock absorbers & this bra looks the biz!

• Advertisement

denis160 wrote: »
    RubyK, what are these like size wise? Have been looking for an alternative to my shock absorbers & this bra looks the biz!

Size wise, for me it's the same as a regular bra. I don't think you'd need to go up/down tbh. HTH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Decent selection of sports styles in M&S currently

Advertisement