Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rene Meulensteen sacked...

• 14-02-2014 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Felix Magath is his replacement.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Weird the statement didnt mention Rene at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then a manager brings in several good players and it sacked for not beating Man Utd and Liverpool. crazy idiotic stuff from people who know nothing.

Rene is on 5live right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Link? This has to be a pisstake!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Weird the statement didnt mention Rene at all.

Was thinking that.

The club is in free fall which is sad to see.
    Wonder if the new owner (like others) doesn't realise there is relegation.

One does not simply remove a statue of Micheal Jackson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Had done a pretty shocking job but still he made some decent looking January signings and didn't really get a chance with them. Things looked like they were taking a turn for the better performance wise. He has struck me as someone who is a brilliant coach but not cut out for being a manager though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Link? This has to be a pisstake!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26200035

Rene is on 5live right now, he sounds philosophical given the circumstances. Almost like he was never there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Magath in the EPL?

This-is-gonna-be-good.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/oct/08/bundesliga-felix-magath-wolfsburg
    "Felix Magath out!" and "never again, Felix Magath, never again," the Schalke 04 supporters were chanting at the Wolfsburg manager at the Veltins Arena on Saturday. Quite a few Royal Blues players on the pitch seemed tempted to join in as well. Jefferson Farfán, for example, made a point of running over to the Wolfsburg bench after scoring the opener. Lip readers were later on convinced he'd mouthed "hijo de puta" in the direction of Magath. Was the striker merely repeating back some offensive words to Magath ("Oi, Felix, do you think I called you a hijo de puta?") or employing a term with altogether different connotations in Peruvian Spanish? "I didn't see it and don't care either," said the Wolves coach diplomatically.

It's rare to see opposition managers subjected to hostile chants in the Bundesliga. But then again, Magath is not your regular opposition manager but an ex-manager in seven out of 18 stadiums. In Gelsenkirchen, where he was fired in March 2011 after buying so many players that the DFL nearly ran out of registration forms - the club cited "transfer irregularities" as a reason for the dismissal – they were particularly unhappy to see him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

I suspect Meulensteen was fired after only managing to pick up a point at Old Trafford last weekend.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Fulham players won't know what just hit them.

pity Berbatov is gone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ah, so this is why he pulled out of the running for the HSV job. His statement made little sense.

Thank you, Fulham. Thank you very much. Get the medicine balls ready.

Saddam once made his players jog through a forest for ages, when they got back he had emptied all their water bottles.

He made Bas Dost collapse one time because of his training methods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bet Fulham's January signings are now wishing they never signed.

Knex. wrote: »
    Bet Fulham's January signings are now wishing they never signed.

Lewis Holtby is trying to be talked in from a ledge as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

As Meulensteen has said; it's a panic reaction by the board. Can't see them surviving, to be honest. They're leaking goals. Pity really, as they seem like a decent club.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Oat23 wrote: »
    Ah, so this is why he pulled out of the running for the HSV job. His statement made little sense.

Thank you, Fulham. Thank you very much. Get the medicine balls ready.

Saddam once made his players jog through a forest for ages, when they got back he had emptied all their water bottles.

He made Bas Dost collapse one time because of his training methods.

I wonder did him and DiCanio got to the same managerial school?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Have many other clubs had 3 managers in one season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Did absolutely nothing to show he could turn it around, doesn't look cut out to be a manager should stick to coaching. Not surprised to be honest, Fulham are going down.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I can trump that. During our ''black comedy/farce'' era, we had 4 managers;

OpEEK0v.png

Beat that!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

blueser wrote: »
    I can trump that. During our ''black comedy/farce'' era, we had 4 managers;

OpEEK0v.png

Beat that!

:D

I have no idea who you are talking about and the link is no use either.

Are we all supposed to know who 'we' are ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get in a new manager who finally looks like he might be turning things around....sack him.

Hope to see Fulham go down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What an utter disgrace. Surely someone has got to step in and stop this sort of thing from happening. Destroying smaller clubs like Fulham. It's sad to think how just two seasons ago Fulham were playing in Europe and a comfortable mid to upper table side. I don't think anyone will ever forget that game against Juve incredible stuff.

What sickens me the most is Meulensteen was beginning to make progress and had made a number of big signings already. Two good performances against Liverpool and Man U as well. He may not have been Fulham's saviour and in all honesty, I think they still would have gone down but you have to give a man a chance.

As for Meulensteen, between this and the disgrace at Anzhi, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sitting at home with the curtains closed and the lights off. What a year for him.

My humble apologies. Manchester City. What link, by the way? I didn't include any link.

BgdfCPSIUAAMfUf.png:medium

It's a great shame that training in England isn't open to the public. I can't imagine the sort of sh*t he will do without witnesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

blueser wrote: »
    My humble apologies. Manchester City. What link, by the way? I didn't include any link.

Images appear as links on the mobile version of boards.ie

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lewis Holtby is trying to be talked in from a ledge as we speak.

Holtby: "I wouldn't have a problem if van Gaal came in. After all, I've survived Felix Magath, too" :pac:

I almost want Fulham to survive now so to witness the Magath experience on a bigger scale for longer. Car crash TV at it's finest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Another manager sacked after a loss to Liverpool, that gives Moyes a few more weeks.

• Advertisement

Didn't know that (posting via computer). Basically, it is a screenshot form the Wiki page on ''Manchester City managers''. We had 4 managers in the space of half a season in 1996; Asa Hartford (aug-oct), Steve Coppell (oct-nov), Phil Neal (nov-dec) and Frank Clark (dec-feb '98). Bloody farcical. Once again, apologies for the confusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Not for me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

It's a great shame that training in England isn't open to the public. I can't imagine the sort of sh*t he will do without witnesses.
    Currahee.jpg
    3 miles up, 3 miles down.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

YayaBanana wrote: »

Last season, Blackburn Rovers

Steve Kean
    Eric Black
    Henning Berg
    Gary Bowyer (temperary charge)
    Michael Appleton
    Gary Bowyer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Rikand wrote: »
    Last season, Blackburn Rovers

Steve Kean
    Eric Black
    Henning Berg
    Gary Bowyer (temperary charge)
    Michael Appleton
    Gary Bowyer

blackburn win, but fulham have made a great start to beat their record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

"Looks like we may have a Leeds type situation at the Cottage. It's now being reported Rene Mulensteen is still at Fulham as head coach" Manish Bhasin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

It was only 2.3 k , what was the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It was only 2.3 k , what was the problem?

It was up a mountain and took two and a half hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

mav79 wrote: »
    Currahee.jpg
    3 miles up, 3 miles down.:D

Ha just posted the exact same thing and then saw this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

@SamWallaceIndy
    Reliably informed that Meulensteen hasn't been sacked. Still 'head coach'. But Magath '1st team manager'. Hence no mention in FFC statement

Well, this will be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

titan18 wrote: »
    Well, this will be fun

Trying to work out a formation here

................Magath
    ... Meulstein, Wilkins, Curbishley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This will either end well or disastrously. Should be entertaining either way.

Mountain to climb at Fulham too tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

This will either end well or disastrously. Should be entertaining either way.

won't be too entertaining for anyone involved with fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

He's the new Phil Brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

He's the new Phil Brown.
    How so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

another ludicrous decision - the whole bottom half of the Premiership is in panic - can't be good for the footballers involved either , to be in a constant state of FEAR of the dreaded Armageddon of R - is it any wonder England don't perform at WC finals - I seriously think they should revert back to a 2 up / 2 down situation - rather than the panic driven revolving door situation of now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

thebaz wrote: »
    another ludicrous decision - the whole bottom half of the Premiership is in panic - can't be good for the footballers involved either , to be in a constant state of FEAR of the dreaded Armageddon of R - is it any wonder England don't perform at WC finals - I seriously think they should revert back to a 2 up / 2 down situation - rather than the panic driven revolving door situation of now.

i think id be quite happy picking up my 20,30,40+ grand a week at a club i don't really give a hoot about rather than waking up in a sweat over relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Poor Lewis Holtby :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Rene looked out of his depth to be fair. Should not be managing a PL club at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

thebaz wrote: »

Why don't you bring back the pass back rule while you are at it.

Panic is entertaining.

• Advertisement
Advertisement